Gaging interest on repop smog pump hoses (1 Viewer)

How much would you pay for a set of smog hose? See diagram

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have some super crispy smog pump hoses and figured I'd reach out to some friends and other businesses around me to see about reproducing smog pump hoses. Just trying to get a grasp on what kind of interest there would be for something like this.
The hoses would most likely be molded silicone.
IF they are already a thing, please let me know. I couldn't find much of anything.

Edit: A few back and forth's with different MFG's and the price of the molds could kill pipe dream but just wanted to get an idea on what people are willing to come out of pocket for a nice complete set of hoses from the smog pump.

smog pump hoses 2.jpg

Last edited:
I have personally been in need of a few for a while...
I would like to completely eliminate Smog but lack the knowledge or bravery to change anything and potentially make my vehicle run poorly... more poorly

I would be interested as I have not found any replacements either and my hoses are in pretty bad shape.

Been pondering a desmog though but also been pondering buying some standard silicone hoses and just inserting a stainless steel spring with the same OD as the hose ID inside the hose which would allow it to do the bends and not kink.

Never worked with molded silicone though so is it a big thing to make them? Less work than my pipe dream?

Molded silicone would be perfect. I'd take a set, or two. They'd have to hold at about 10" of Vacuum.

I am also interested in a set. mine are not completely destroyed, yet, but I can't register without them.

I would be interested as I have not found any replacements either and my hoses are in pretty bad shape.

Been pondering a desmog though but also been pondering buying some standard silicone hoses and just inserting a stainless steel spring with the same OD as the hose ID inside the hose which would allow it to do the bends and not kink.

Never worked with molded silicone though so is it a big thing to make them? Less work than my pipe dream?

Im thinking your idea would work. I'm new to all this so Im learning as I go. I think having a brand new plug and play set would be nice though, as long as the cost is with in reason.

Not that I can think of -- I imagine the OE ones are thick so they don't collapse though the vac is kinda low.

I've replaced mine with generic parts that are the same size and shape; but I dont anticipate they'll last very long. I would love a set of molded silicone, it would go well with all the silicone vacuum hose under the hood ;)

I would buy a set for 60 and 62. I've had OK luck with Silicone hose on the FJ60, so a molded set would be great.

@60Works, G what have you used on all your trucks?

Frankie has her original molded hoses. They are very rigid from heat. If there was a quality, exact fit option I would consider replacing them.

My other 60 was desmogged.

A lot of people in Smog-States are in the same situation: My hoses are OK, but very hard from age and heat. Every time I have to remove them, something else tears. And with very little chance these trucks becoming smog-exempt anytime soon, these unobtanium pieces would be great to have.

Interest in a 60s set in black

I'd be in for a set in black and as long as they don't collapse under vacuum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom