Gaging interest: New OEM OBD1 engine harness (modified) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wire is wire, there are multiple suppliers who will color code wires to spec, if you order enough.

Ultimately I would like to source tinned wire, but this is not as easy in more than 2 color coded wires.
Wire is wire, but insulation is not. That's why I asked about Sumitomo wire specifically. The engine harness (from'93-'97) doesn't use tinned wire. The dash harness does.

Do you by chance have the list of connectors you bought?

I pretty much have a list, it would be nice to have a comparison just to make sure.

Thx
I just did the same as @SmokingRocks and found every connector except one: The A/C temp cut connector. The sensor is still available, OEM and aftermarket, but Toyota doesn't sell the engine side connector housing.

The fact that the sensor is available aftermarket leads me to believe it's on more than Toyota's, which should mean the harness side connector housing is available somewhere, I just couldn't find it.

Mine had a bad O-ring, disengaged terminal (one of two) and missing latch. I was able to fix it by using the O-ring and rear seal from another housing of the same size.

Wire is wire, but insulation is not. That's why I asked about Sumitomo wire specifically. The engine harness (from'93-'97) doesn't use tinned wire. The dash harness does.
I realize factory is not tinned, I would prefer tinned as it’s far superior to non-tinned wire.

The engine bay should have tinned wire imop.

As for the insulation it will be well protected vs the OEM harness due to the availability of superior loom products available today.

I just did the same as @SmokingRocks and found every connector except one: The A/C temp cut connector. The sensor is still available, OEM and aftermarket, but Toyota doesn't sell the engine side connector housing.

The fact that the sensor is available aftermarket leads me to believe it's on more than Toyota's, which should mean the harness side connector housing is available somewhere, I just couldn't find it.

Mine had a bad O-ring, disengaged terminal (one of two) and missing latch. I was able to fix it by using the O-ring and rear seal from another housing of the same size.
Did you source your connectors from Toyota or another source?

Thx

Do you by chance have the list of connectors you bought?

I pretty much have a list, it would be nice to have a comparison just to make sure.

Thx
I don't and I'm not going to pretend that all of them are factory Mr. T connectors when it comes to refreshing the harness having not broken connectors was more important than having authentic Japanese plastic. A fair few of the connectors are available pre-pinned with 4" pigtails on amazon. My harness's wires were heat hardened and severely deteriorated right at the connector, most of the wires had cracked insulation at the connector. So having a pigtail to replace the 3-4" last bit of wire was invaluable.

The closest to a list that I have is my FSM where I started documenting the part numbers.

FSM_FZJ80_OBD 1_93-94_Rev 07.08.2022 Page 1194.jpg

FSM_FZJ80_OBD 1_93-94_Rev 07.08.2022222.jpg

It’s TXL or GXL. Good stuff but wire from a reputable supplier will be equivalent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom