GAA Auto Auction Feb 27,28,29 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NCFJ

Supporting Vendor
Threads

If you have not heard of the GAA Auctions, my opinion, best classic car show I've been to. AND if the mood strikes you can buy them. It will cost you $15 to get in the door. Not sure what a buyers tag will cost you on top of that, we did that the first time only. Once we have some covered storage here, we'll be looking a lot harder at buying.

Heather and I are going on Thursday the 27th. Anyone else interested in going?

We have been to Barrett Jackson and will return, but we both prefer GAA. About half the cars and none of the Barnum & Bailey feel of Barrett Jackson. Hell, they were selling beds and work out equipment at BJ along with a bunch of other crap.

I plan to go just to look at the cars. Hagerty usually gives their insured a free pass for one day and I plan to ask for one again. Thursday is a good day, Friday is very busy and Sat is a Zoo!

We went for all three days the first time and left early on Saturday. All can be seen in a day. We are just going to look at the cars as well. We have gone only on Thurs the last few times. We generally leave the site for lunch and return. The one "issue" I have is there is not enough seating round the place. You have to hold a bidders card to use the seats by the stage and the seating at the grill is generally full.

Nathan and I may try to join you. We had a ton of fun last time. Let me check our schedule. I'll let you know.

I plan to go just to look at the cars. Hagerty usually gives their insured a free pass for one day and I plan to ask for one again. Thursday is a good day, Friday is very busy and Sat is a Zoo!
Nathan and I may try to join you. We had a ton of fun last time. Let me check our schedule. I'll let you know.

Hope to see you guys there!

Bump for a great car show.

Bump for a great car show.
Amanda and I were talking about this last night. I think Nathan and I will try to come to this one. Not sure which day works best for us. Are you and Heather going for all three days or just one day?

Amanda and I were talking about this last night. I think Nathan and I will try to come to this one. Not sure which day works best for us. Are you and Heather going for all three days or just one day?

Missed your post Dave. We are planning on going Thursday, far fewer people. Nathan needs Thursday off from school for "career research" :)

Missed your post Dave. We are planning on going Thursday, far fewer people. Nathan needs Thursday off from school for "career research" :)
Stan,

I double checked our calendar and found that Nathan is going on a class field trip to Washington DC that week. As much as I'd like to go, I will wait until another time when Nathan can come with me. He enjoys these things every bit as much as I do. Ya'll have fun!

Bump for a great car show. Hope to see you there David. Sorry we'll miss you and Nathan Dave. We'll be there Thursday

Looking forward to it on Thursday.

See you there David.

Sold for $15,500.00

1986-toyota-pickup

Sold for $19,000.00
1993-toyota-pickup

Sold for $25,250.00

1987-toyota-sr5

Sold today for $20,000.00 WOW! Now I know where to sell Land Cruisers This was not a $20K truck. 14-15 tops

1987-toyota-land-cruiser

were they actually pulling it around by the shackle? that's just such a lazy choice... The frame is right there...

seems like that cream color is a popular choice eh?

Yes, they pulled it round by the shackle. That 40 was a mess, piss poor "restoration". Zoom in on the door and windshield hinges. Those are supposed to be a cone type bolt, they had big lock washers behind them that chipped off the paint on almost all of them. Hood and windshield spring clamps all rusty. All spot welds along rear quarters run over with filler. I forget what it said on the tops of the springs, nothing I have ever seen though. Stenciled on. The "cream" color was a bit too far to the yellow side.

I can tell you this, having serious thoughts of buying a clean 60 or 62 and taking it there to flip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom