SOLD GA - FJ40? Early Silver Inner Cluster Plate w/CHG instead of AMP (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JVZii

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
I picked this cluster bezel up in a parts buy. I thought at first someone painted it. But according to SOR it is for years 58 to 60 fj40?
Instead of the AMP gauge it has a CHG label. It's the first one I have ever seen.

No rust (although nothing in the clusters seem to rust before 70 or so. I think it's the lead based paint.) And generally in good shape. Finish off your early cluster or get a head start on your next restoration.

$50 delivered.

IMG_20220112_205855__01__01.jpg

I am. Then one on my truck is missing the speedo and bezel. It has the original cluster case and dummy lights. For God-only-knows what reason they removed the bezel and speedo. This piece gets me one step closer.
The Cruiser karma gods will prevail. Come on speedo!

I do have an old speedometer. It's not silver faced but it is pretty old. It has all metal internals and even the odometer wheels are metal. It must be pretty early 60s vintage.

IMG_20220114_121357__01.jpg
IMG_20220114_121428__01.jpg

I do have an old speedometer. It's not silver faced but it is pretty old. It has all metal internals and even the odometer wheels are metal. It must be pretty early 60s vintage.

View attachment 2893304View attachment 2893305

Awesome!! Can you please sent me a picture of where the speedo cable feeds into the speedo. If it is 64'ish, it should have a threaded (female) insert for the speedo cable. It is very possible that my 1963 had a black faced speedo as the change from silver to black was late '63. Mine is a late '63.

If it does have a threaded insert, I'd love to buy it. The more I am looking at it, the more I am sure this is the speedo that I need until a silver faced one comes along (if ever). The earlier odometers roll up and the later ones roll down--this one looks like the numbers roll up. Let me know how much you'd sell it for.

Last edited:
Here is the picture of the back. It should be the one you need. I am happy to sell it. It doesn't fit in my 1979😁.

And yes the odometer rolls up from the bottom.

IMG_20220114_143633__01.jpg

Here is the picture of the back. It should be the one you need. I am happy to sell it. It doesn't fit in my 1979😁.

And yes the odometer rolls up from the bottom.

Hell yeah!! That's what I'm talking about! Let me know how much to send ya. The Cruiser gods are smiling upon Dani.

In all seriousness, thank you very much for thinking of that speedo. If you've got any other early parts in that part deal you bought, let me know (i.e. smooth top air filter housing ***wink wink***)

Hell yeah!! That's what I'm talking about! Let me know how much to send ya. The Cruiser gods are smiling upon Dani.

In all seriousness, thank you very much for thinking of that speedo. If you've got any other early parts in that part deal you bought, let me know (i.e. smooth top air filter housing ***wink wink***)

I am kind of a cluster junkie. I have bought many and sold some. However your speedometer is the oldest I have ever seen.

IMG_20220114_200505__01.jpg
IMG_20220114_200740__01.jpg
IMG_20220114_200712__01.jpg

I have actually had that speedometer on my desk for several years. I have always liked it because it's from another time.

I am glad that it's going to a good home and I hope you get good use out of it while you search for the holy grail of speedometers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom