FREE GA: FJ40 - 4" lift shocks, 4" lift rear springs, U-bolts, stock leaf plates (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I live in Alpharetta, GA. I have a 1980 FJ40 and I swapped out my rear leaf springs and all four shock absorbers. I feel bad throwing these parts out but that's what I'm about to do. Figured I'd post it here for a week or two before I dump them. Here's what I got, just come and get them:
  • 4x shock absorbers - 4" lift from Rough Country (front and rear)
  • 2x rear leaf springs - 4" lift from Rough Country (rear ONLY)
  • 4x U-bolts & nuts
  • 2x rear leaf plates - Original Toyota. Looks crusty, has small crack in one of them. very hard to find these. may be able to clean them up?

IMG_9634.jpg

IMG_9635.jpg

IMG_9563.jpg

Oh and if you have any extra FJ40 parts I'd be open to swapping too. But even if you do not you can have them.

@bmm2k why did you replace the rear leaf springs, did you decide to go lower than 4"?

I will take the two rear leaf plates. I just happen to have the need right now. I’m in GA and will PM.

E35A1D25-8304-47AE-884D-DD84FBE6732A.jpeg

@bmm2k why did you replace the rear leaf springs, did you decide to go lower than 4"?
Long story but no I still kept the 4" lift. The ride was extremely stiff and the shocks would barely engage in the rear. I ended up swapping the leafs for a new pack -- which as it turns out appeared to be 100% identical to the ones I removed. Seeing that I decided to remove 1 of the leafs from the new pack. That made a world of difference and now they actually flex. That would be my same advice with these Rough Country springs: 1) either carry a bunch of heavy stuff in the back or 2) remove a leaf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom