G52 tranny needed this weekend please help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Heading over to seattle today to visit the GF and my tranny decided to crap out on me. My truck is stuck in ellensburg right now and needs a tranny. I have to get back to school by monday so I need to find one on saturday or early sunday that works (doesnt have to be rebuilt just good enough to run). That way I can head back throw it in and hopefully get back to school. I think it is the G52 tranny.

I am in the seattle area and anything will help in a time crunch here.

Adam

I am posting this in a couple different sections so somebody might see if this is wrong then I am sorry but really need some help.

got a couple of cases but unfortunately on the other side of the world...

Even got the R151F available, and the 1KZT diesel engine

hope you get it!

norway you are on the other side of the world but man would that work so perfectly

It is a 22r so I think either a G52 or G54 would work. It is going into a 1984 Xtra cab. All of the drivetrain is stock. Both transmissions will bolt up to a 22r I thought?

I believe the G54 is the same except for beefier bearings.... So yes, they will both bolt up. I just wanted to make sure what we're looking for.

Are you going to have any trouble swapping this? How many Bananas are you? :banana::banana: :D

My dad has a spare G52 sitting in his parts truck, but CA is a bit too far for your situation. Have you tried checking craigslist? You might get lucky......

I have swapped from auto to manuals in several cars and took out and replaced a A430F in my old 62. That fawker was heavy. I have one on craigslist right now called the guy in the morning asked him about it but cant get a hold of him now. So hopefully tonight I can get him. Everybody has them but they are way far away. I contacted Bull on here I guess he owns some speed shop in seattle but havent heard anything from him.

Thanks found one in tacoma but it is over an hour drive and would like to find something closer.

Heading down there tomorrow morning if nothing comes up.

Bull you would be the man if you can find something closer and that will work.

I know your pain, but i was 5 min from my house and tranny locked up. It was a G52 as well. Swapped to G54 and had to cut floor pan on my 85 pickup due to it being top shift instead of forward shift. Good luck this week end

At least you were close that is good. My truck is about 4 hours from my house in Idaho.

I can always do a little hacking and hammering to make it fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom