• Good choice

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Bad choice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neutral

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I did a thing today, which I'm pretty proud of. Others may already have done this, but I've had trouble finding a good replacement option for my 1997 Fzj80s sunvisors. The Ls400 didnt just appeal to me. So I went on the hunt today at a salvage yard amd found a wrecked 2001 Toyota Avalon. Really liked the visors it had as the color nearly matched, had the lights, mirror, wings, and extra visor. Granted they are about an inch slimmer than the original, but I was ok with that. Wiring harness lined right up and I had to use the new clips. I did have to redrill two holes for each bracket with self tappers, and one for the clip, but for me it was all worth it. Here's the pictures (I'm not a good photographer sorry)

20200131_112218.jpg

20200131_112239.jpg

20200131_112341.jpg

20200131_112354.jpg

20200131_112411.jpg

Perfect.

:cheers:

@Wopega So what sized screws did you use? Same size for clip and visor? Looks like you trimmed some plastic off the clip and reused the existing hole.
How is the mirror clearance?

@Wopega So what sized screws did you use? Same size for clip and visor? Looks like you trimmed some plastic off the clip and reused the existing hole.
How is the mirror clearance?
On the back of the clip that came off the Avalon, I removed the plastic insert they use, as it wouldnt work unless if I drilled a larger hole into where the old clip went. I was able to ise the same size screws, but used self tappers on the side that holds the sunvisors mounting bracket.

So for the visor swivel arm mount you drilled two new holes and used existing Toyota (80 or Avalon) screws or two holes and self-tappers that fit?

So for the visor swivel arm mount you drilled two new holes and used existing Toyota (80 or Avalon) screws or two holes and self-tappers that fit?
For the swivel arm mount yes, I used self tapping screws which created new holes, since the lc holes are side by side, but the Avalon holes sit on top. For the clip side, I was able to use the existing holes and original screws. I could've, put the original screws back into the swivel mount side, but just kept the self tappers in. Since they get covered anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom