FZJ80 Wheels on my 62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

euclid

SILVER Star
Threads
Spent way too much time and energy deciding what tires and wheels I was going to use. Ended up with FZJ80 wheels with 285 BFG AT's. I'm using 1.25 spacers from Marlin Crawler behind the wheels. With 2 corners flexed all the way the 285s rub a tiny bit in the front, not enough to bother me. I wanted to go to 295's but they would have rub too much.

OME 2.5 with long shackles.

Body lift and 315's at some point down the road.

Changed all the fluids, start packing for Moab tonight after work.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Looks great! Maybe mine will look that nice some day.....:lol:

Brian

Looks real nice! I've always liked 80 wheels on a 60. If you ditched the spacers would you still rub?

They won't fit on the truck without spacers because of backspacing, but the spacers make the tires rub the fenders cause they stick out more.

The backspacing on 60/62 wheels is 3.50. FZJ wheels are 4.5. 1" spacers are hard to come by. I used what Marlin had on the shelf.

Greg they look great time for a fzj80 axle and they will fit perfectly :grinpimp:
trailer 20.jpg
trailer 17.jpg

i believe the studs are about 1.5" long, so a 1" spacer would have the studs sticking past the spacer into the wheel.

good point. Didn't think of that. There was a tiny bit of space left, but you are right, a 1.25 is probably as small as it can get.

Greg they look great time for a fzj80 axle and they will fit perfectly :grinpimp:

What's wrong with my locked disk brake full floater? :cool:

The truck is looking good! :)

Soon your come over to the dark side and drive a FZJ80.

Hope things are well.. :beer:

Not gonna happen. I'm about 12K upside down in my truck at this point. Not saying I'll never have an 80, but it won't happen anytime soon. Thanks.

What's wrong with my locked disk brake full floater? :cool:

nothing is wrong with it but if you had a fzj80 axle you would not need a spacer:D
looks really good though mine gets paint soon

Spent way too much time and energy deciding what tires and wheels I was going to use. Ended up with FZJ80 wheels with 285 BFG AT's. I'm using 1.25 spacers from Marlin Crawler behind the wheels. With 2 corners flexed all the way the 285s rub a tiny bit in the front, not enough to bother me. I wanted to go to 295's but they would have rub too much.

EUCLID, do you still have this set up? Did you ever get 1" spacers. Anything you would have changed?

Still running the same spacers as original. Right about the time BFG came out with the KM2's I did a 2" roger brown body lift and went to 315's on the same wheels. This time last year I painted the insets of the wheels, sorta like on 40th's anniversary wheels. I'm still running stock bump stops. I really need to extend them down by 1" in the front to keep them from stuffing into the fronts of the fenders, but my concern for them rubbing is small enough that I've not been motivated to do it in 2 years. :rolleyes: They don't rub bad enough to tear the tire up. Heres a pic that shows how I painted the wheels.

attachment.php

Here's a shot that shows the wheels (me and my boy):

attachment.php

Those wheels look great, but I'm still not sold on running spacers.

Ok well I was JUST over at Chatsworth Tire and was ready to plunk down $907 for 4 tires, valve stem, mounting, balancing, the works. They took one 80 wheel and mounted it on a 285/75/16 KM2 tire. LOOKED FREAKING SWEET!!!

But without spacers the 80 wheel definitely rubs on the tie rod end. Its a no go. I am looking at Marlin's spacers but 1.5" is A LOT.

So they put my old tires back on :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom