Fzj80 transfer case. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm am looking to try to figure out who if not Toyota made the transfer case for the 1995 landcruiser.

super freaking reliable...unless you drop your truck on a giant rock and crack it.:meh:

Thanks for all the info. It sounds like I have a very capable trail rig from the factory.

Someone mentioned the 80 series transmissions and x-fer case were designed for busses in Japan. So they are hella strong

Thanks for all the info. It sounds like I have a very capable trail rig from the factory.

I can personally attest to this fact. I thrashed mine on the trail this weekend and despite dragging pretty much everything underneath the truck and beating the body up the 80 was amazing in the hills. May want to think about protecting that t-case though. I believe its cast aluminum.

I threw a way what was probably a good T-case/center diff.

My rear drive shaft yoke was plugged and I (not knowing what I was doing) kept adding more grease to the yoke (i was wondering where the grease went). When I took the drive shaft off I had to remove the zirk and all the grease shot out (I still was clueless). Then when driving the viscus coupler would lock up. After driving 70 mi at 70 mph the T-case/center diff got so hot that it took several hours for it to cool down enough to unlock the viscus coupler. I finally took the garden hose to it and the water cooled it down. Thinking it was a bad bearing and that it had 210,000+ mi on it, I replaced the t-case.

UPS dropped the NEW T-case, had to have another one sent to me. The bolts on the flange were pushed in and wee stuck on the case.
Less than a year later the T-case started a leak at the split of the case, Toyota gave me a new one.

That plugged yoke cost me $2000 and lots of (me) labor.

I am sure that the T-case was not damaged as when I took it apart it looked fine, live and learn.

Last edited:
I bought an extra complete case for 50$
And figured I'd keep it just in case.

93yotasr5 said:

Where do you guys find this stuff? Getting spare parts in central California is nearly impossible. I think I'm gonna just go tour some junk yards.

Fat-fingered on my iPhone using IH8MUD

do you gotta keep rubbing that in???? i hate you :flipoff2:

Hahha I found it on Craigslist. I'm a Craigslist hustler

Toyota Group owns 30% of Aisin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom