FZJ80 to LX450 wiring harness interchangeability? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lelandEOD

SILVER Star
Threads
Can anyone verify the following for me? I need to know if a 1996 FZJ80 engine wiring harness is interchangeable with a 1997 LX450? My gut tells me they are identical as I can’t think of a single circuit difference between the landcruiser and LX450s models in the engine bay. But before I bet the farm on it, I’d like to get some feedback from you guys.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
According to Witt’s end 95-98 1fz

89E8FE3A-38AA-4104-8976-7A11472A06EE.png

One minor difference is the LX450 doesn’t have seat heater wiring installed.

One minor difference is the LX450 doesn’t have seat heater wiring installed.
Luckily the seat heaters aren’t in the engine compartment. 😉

Thanks for the replies, gents! I’m ready to send off my harnesses for some good old Australian FTE black magic.

Ha! Sorry I was referring to the engine harness
I’m converting to a 1HD-FTE turbo diesel. Since it’s in electronically controlled diesel, there’s a fair amount of wiring that must be done. I’ve opted to send all of the wiring harnesses to a guy in Australia whose a master at merging donor engine and transplant vehicle wiring. Once I get it back, the conversion should be almost plug and play.

I’m converting to a 1HD-FTE turbo diesel. Since it’s in electronically controlled diesel, there’s a fair amount of wiring that must be done. I’ve opted to send all of the wiring harnesses to a guy in Australia whose a master at merging donor engine and transplant vehicle wiring. Once I get it back, the conversion should be almost plug and play.

In theory. 😂😂

The engine room wiring harness is not the same. The engine wiring harness is the same.

NJck22 is correct although some of the 97 collectors edition and 40th anniversary 80s did have the same under hood wiring harnesses. The automatic climate control has some extra under hood wiring as well. There is a temp sensor in the grill from the right side. The engine harness actually controls the transmission as well and is the same part number as the 95-97 80s. Apparently there are some 80s labeled as 98 but I haven’t seen one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom