FZJ80 Suspension Removal/Installation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You have to pull the control arms to press in the new bushing, if your going that far you should replace the rear bushing as well. = two in the front one in the rear per side. the rear is a different size.
OME is old school, I would look into Dobinson springs as the have a better ride JMHO ;)
Thanks for your reply. The OME springs arrived yesterday, so I am sticking with those. Thanks for your advice on the bushings for the rear. Are you suggesting replacing the rear bushings b/c or wear or b/c aftermarket bushings were installed with the lift? (I'll need to look at the records)
(6 in total?) The net result will be OEM shocks and bushings, and OME springs. I don't off-road, so I wanted to reduce the height., but have a firmer spring for pay load.
After the tires wear (285/75) I intend to replace those with 31s - the truck should sit a few inches lower and be a touch lighter. (I recently purchased a spare BFG/AT and it must be 60lbs of rubber. Again thank you.-Dan

Are you suggesting replacing the rear bushings b/c or wear or b/c aftermarket bushings were installed with the lift?

Because the rubber is 25 + years old and you well have the control arms off already now is the time to do it. I would do the front panhard to if you can swing it

Also I was planning on doing this old school style, using a jack and stand one side at a time. Do I need spring compressors as well?
Not sure if I follow here, but you want to do one end at a time. Raise up the entire front or rear of the truck, remove the wheels, undo the brackets that hold the brake lines, undo the sway bar, and then the entire axle will be able to drop to its lowest point. This will make it easy to get the springs out once the shocks are out of the way.

Not sure if I follow here, but you want to do one end at a time. Raise up the entire front or rear of the truck, remove the wheels, undo the brackets that hold the brake lines, undo the sway bar, and then the entire axle will be able to drop to its lowest point. This will make it easy to get the springs out once the shocks are out of the way.
Thanks. I bought a 3ton floor jack. I was going to use just the bottle jack and put it on stands. I may need to use the floor jack after the car is on stands, under the axel to help positioning it when installing.
As an aside, I was always under the impression the LCs were practical from a servicing standpoint, but that hasnt been my experience at all so far, everything is so difficult to get to on the engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom