FZJ80 Starter Kill Switch Kit available - HuddExpo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LC4LIFE

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Hi Everyone,

We are now offering a complete starter kill switch kit for the 93-97 80 Series Land Cruisers. Kits are being built and will begin shipping 10/15/21.

This kit includes everything needed to install a starter kill switch WITHOUT cutting any wires. This kit will interrupt the starter signal wire allowing you to disable the starter with the flip of a switch. The kit requires connecting our kit, mounting the relay, and using the included fuse tap for a switched power source. After that, just mount the switch at your favorite hidden location. We also give enough length in the switch wiring that you can mount the switch just about anywhere within reach of the driver.⁠. All wiring can fit through the grommet at the firewall so you can get wiring into the cab. No cutting, crimping, etc. is needed at all to install this kit.

⁠This kit is built using a waterproof relay, marine tinned wiring, adhesive lined heatshrink and PET covering.

**Please note** the included switch is a very basic on/off push button switch. You can easily wire to any dash switch, etc and the details on how to do that will be included in the instructions.

Installation instructions will also be emailed to you following shipment. Installation typically takes between 45min-1hour.

We suspect this will work on a myriad of Toyota's but have yet to confirm that. It does work perfectly in the FZJ80's.⁠

FZJ80 Starter Kill Switch Kit

Thanks,

David

DSC_0957.jpg

vines-5.jpg

vines-6.jpg

Last edited:
Well Done! High quality there and it shows. 👍

Edit, deleted a post I made that did not pertain to the OPs post.

Nice looking product. I will be getting one.

Last edited:
I get it. That's kind of why I didnt really want to get into specifics about switches and where to mount them. More like "the yellow wire in so and so harness". Once I find the wire I want I can trace it and splice in wherever I want.

I have done a lot of wiring and managed to not cut a single wire in my harness. I have always made new harnesses or found old oem plugs and tapped in that way. I always solder and heat shrink when possible. But what brand and style conectors do you guys trust the most for simple jobs like this.
Places like Ballenger Motorsports carry OEM connector kits for way less than Toyota parts. Using OEM part numbers you can pick out connectors with the correct number of contacts for your application.

Milspecwiring.com has very similar OEM Toyota wire colors that can magically disappear into an existing harness.

The starter kill is far too easy to bypass.

Last edited:
I'm interested but won't be participating in any "where did you hide your kill switch toggle button" MUD threads. :)
Yeah, I won't be participating in this at all, but there are tons of options on how to hide it and make it discrete.
The starter kill is far too easy to bypass.
Only if you know how to and I am not convinced most thieves will take the time to figure it out while trying to steal the rig. I figure if someone wants it badly enough they are going to get it. Beyond that, slowing them down might discourage them enough to stop and move on. Hopefully that is the case with this kit.

I think you may misunderstand the aptitude of most thieves.
Unfortunately, most of these people would rather steal than eat. I am constantly amazed of how much work thieves do to ply their trade. In some cases, if they would just take their energy and divert it to an honest endeavor, they would be extremely well off. I have worked with the PD and investigated many structures these "people" have modified, vandalized or broken into. Don't underestimate a criminal.

Unfortunately, most of these people would rather steal than eat. I am constantly amazed of how much work thieves do to ply their trade. In some cases, if they would just take their energy and divert it to an honest endeavor, they would be extremely well off. I have worked with the PD and investigated many structures these "people" have modified, vandalized or broken into. Don't underestimate a criminal.
While I'm sure crafty thieves exist, that has not been my experience nor the extended family I have in law enforcement. One of them is in DC and after just a few years is able to guess who is committing the crime as soon as the call comes in with relative ease. Most are heavily involved in drugs, stick to a small footprint and hatch the same poorly thought out schemes time and time again.

I personally would have no fear parking my truck with the doors locked and a starter kill-switch engaged, but everyone has their own comfort level.

Forgive me for my ignorance, I live in a pretty low crime area. For those of you who are super secretive about your kill switch existence/location are you worried about:

1. Someone on Mud will see your kill switch location, specifically become interested in your Cruiser, find out who you are in real life, where you live, and then go steal your Cruiser?
2. You just don't want thieves knowing locations that people put kill switches in general?

@pawnthatdude I suspect it's 10-15% from number 1 and the remainder from #2. If x number of us use this kit, there are only x number of available switches. Or oem switch placements rather.

@pawnthatdude there are only x number of available switches. Or oem switch placements rather.
I am beginning to think the sky is the limit as far as the number of button/switch options and placements. I have been very surprised so far with the creativity I have seen from some of the people that have bought the kit. Some are coming up with how to be discrete or hidden in ways I never thought of.

I was looking at things through the narrow lens of existing dash blanks/switches.

How is everyone enjoying this kill switch upgrade? Looking to pull the trigger for my new ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom