FZJ80 repair in Amarillo TX? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

eimkeith

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
eimkeith.com
Well, after the crazy storm on the way in to Amarillo tonight the transmission started slipping (perhaps during the storm and we didn’t notice) and after parking it for dinner at a restaurant, now we have a cylinder 3 misfire.

Anyone reputable in Amarillo that we can tow to for a diagnostic? We’re supposed to be in Winslow tomorrow and St. George the day after - willing to rent a car if there’s a shop here that knows what they’re looking at that I can leave the 80 with.

Advice/recommendations appreciated.

TIA

If you have time check the conecter at the # 3 injector. Just maybe give it a quick wiggle and see if it gets better.

If you have time check the conecter at the # 3 injector. Just maybe give it a quick wiggle and see if it gets better.
I’m thinking the same - either the connector, the harness, or a 2-3/3-4 compression leak in the head gasket.
I’m going to look for a noid while I’m in Utah so I can verify the connector/wiring when we get back to Amarillo.

@POTATO LAUNCHER may be able to help you. He lives in Amarillo and has a shop. Knows his way around these trucks as well.
Thanks! Caught up with @POTATO LAUNCHER and he’s storing our truck for us until we come back through - then it’s getting towed back home, most likely.

Since I’ll be towing with a 10-15ft U-HAUL, does anyone need anything transported east from Amarillo? (Headed to NC)

Make sure Uhaul knows the vehicle you are town is a Volkswagen Beetle.

Since I’ll be towing with a 10-15ft U-HAUL, does anyone need anything transported east from Amarillo? (Headed to NC)
In Gore, OK for the evening; still have approximately 4’x8’ free space in the box truck if anyone needs something taken East. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom