FZJ80 Pocket Flares 93-97 now available (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
28156-1413849326-2f3b86039d2956a6fdd5896484f77e14.jpg
We made it out about when we said we would. These pocket flares will fit any 80 series truck, but this set is made so that 93-97 mud flaps will bolt up.

They are made with fiberglass and high quality flexible resin so that they are very durable and flexible. The consensus I have observed is that the most common cause for the stock flares to fail is the internal fastening tabs breaking off. These flares use fastening hardware through the pockets to mount securely and will not separate due to broken tabs.

IF a flare is damaged it may be repairable (broken tabs on the stock flares are not repairable) or a one off replacement flare may be obtained. The flares include Torx hardware, gaskets, and they are primered flat black.

$560 for full set with or without 93-97 mud flap attachment points including trim gaskets and hardware.
atthebottom.jpg
flares with hood up.jpg
93-97 Flares 2.jpg

Last edited:
Is this tech?

This thread is intended to demonstrate the availability of a new solution and to answer any technical questions related as such.

2Nd that!!

Anyhow.. some questions:
Width compared to stock flares?
Fastening locations same as stock tabs?
Any drilling requiered?

When can I get some! :D

Do they use any of the stock mounting holes?
New holes need to be drilled with a 1/4" bit. The bit has to be exactly 1/4". There are no stencils, but the 93-97 pocket flares are the exact same dimensions as the stock 93-97 flares so there should be a mark left from where the originals did reside.

I would say that it is a :banana::banana:job mainly because good care is required to not over drill the flares when installing. The flare needs to be held in place by hand while the first hole is drilled and then the first self tapping Torx bolt is carefully installed. Clamps won't work since there is no way to get to the other side of the fender without removing it. After a top bolt is installed it is much easier to do the other bolts alternating from side to side as the flare is pulled tightly against the gasket and fender.

The bolts are only tightened to a snug fit so that the flare is pulled against the fender. They won't back off. If a mistake is made you would have to get behind the fender to put on a washer and a lock nut. I provide 3 extra stainless washers and nuts just in case. If your not confident in your wrenching ability I recommend that you get help with installation.

2Nd that!!

Anyhow.. some questions:
Width compared to stock flares?
Fastening locations same as stock tabs?
Any drilling requiered?

When can I get some! :D
Same width as stock 93-97 flares.

There are no fragile tabs to break off or crack. These flares are functionally attached via Torx bolts through the pockets (yes, holes are drilled through the pockets and the fenders in one easy, but careful step) avoiding the stock mounting locations.

There first set is available and listed on ebay. The link is in the IH8MUD classifieds or do a search on ebay for land cruiser flares. ;)

Will you produce a model that is not molded for mud flaps. I have Slee sliders and a 4x4 labs bumper so I have no use for the stock flaps.

When will the 91-92 models be available
There is one 91-92 set currently available. Those pocket flares are the same dimensions as 91-92 stock flares and 91-92 mud flaps will bolt up. PM me if you are interested buying a set.

Will you produce a model that is not molded for mud flaps. I have Slee sliders and a 4x4 labs bumper so I have no use for the stock flaps.
I would recommend using mud flaps modified to be end caps by trimming or removing the flaps. However, if someone is interested in a set modified to have mud flap mounts covered up we can talk more via PM.

These are good looking flares!

Very nice work!

wow those look great !!!

This isn't a thread crapp, but wasn't EMS supposed to start making flares also? Or are these the ones?

Baktasht (EMSPowered) was a big help for me getting these produced, but I drove the project and put up the money. He also introduced me to the fiberglass guy that had the talent to implement the specs.

Thanks for the compliments guys. It has taken a lot money and effort to get them to this point. I like the pocket style and was sick of the stock flares not fitting flush against the fenders. I had sent multiple emails over the years to Bushwhacker pleading with them to produce a version for the Land Cruiser and I realized that it was never gonna happen.

If others have felt the same now they can have a set. I will always have the molds if anyone who buys them ever needs a replacement piece.

I am highly interested and live here in Texas. I PM'ed you. I look forward to hearing back!

Sorry, I can't help myself, and will forever refrain from commenting on this again. Jeep liberty anyone?

Thanks again for the kind words from those who like pocket flares. As stated in the classified ad I will consider offers from forum members, but I need to charge more when purchased through ebay due to their take. I prefer to avoid ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom