FZJ80 OEM Radio/CD/Casettee Player (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
SOLD 5/21/10.
---------------

Pulled from a 2/96 rig before I took ownership. Previous owner does not recall if unit worked or not. In excellent physical condition. $25.00 and includes free FedEx ground delivery in the lower 48. As this is an unknown working item, I will honor returns at buyer expense.

UPDATE....This unit came out of a 80 series that has a Port (not factory) installed factory alarm.
CIMG0183.jpg
CIMG0184.jpg
CIMG0185.jpg

Last edited:
Just a FYI because of the anti-theft system the original VIN from the vehicle it was installed in at the factory will be needed to get it to work (unless things have changed now). Plus this is a head unit that require a seperate amp to work.

its a plug and play.Just swapped mine out last week.

its a plug and play.Just swapped mine out last week.

If you have a amp already installed in your cruiser then it will have a plug from the amp. I helped someone install a aftermarket radio in his 94 FZJ80. He had amp located to the right of the glove box. Behind the head unit there was the plug from the amp and the two plugs for the none external radio which weren't used. The none external amp radio use two plugs. If you have a amp already installed no problem. I installed a head unit and amp from a Tundra in my 89 FJ62. It was plug and play. Factory wiring pluged into the amp and a plug from the amp plugged into the head unit.

I remember at one time you needed the VIN from the vehicle with a ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM. you would have to take that to a dealer and he would for a charge set up the unit to work in your vehicle. I have few other other head unit/amp unit but none have the anti-theft syetem so I never had to deal with this but I remember reading about it a few years back on Mud. I don't why things would have changed but maybe they have.:meh:

ok, now I don't know if the unit will fit...

Thanks to those whom chimed in to clarify. I took my dash apart and now I don't know if the unit will fit. Here is a pic of my harness. I have no idea what will plug into what. Any ideas? Help is greatly appreciated.
harness.jpg

Thanks to those whom chimed in to clarify. I took my dash apart and now I don't know if the unit will fit. Here is a pic of my harness. I have no idea what will plug into what. Any ideas? Help is greatly appreciated.

If this is a picture of a 80 series in the middle of the dash then it looks like your good to go as far a wiring. The two grey plugs are for a radio with a internal amp. The white plug is from the amp which should be located to the right of the glove box. That should plug into a head unit up to 99. I know on some units the that plug changed around that time. This wouldn't work with my Tundra audio system. My 2000 LC is totally different. I believe this is why the Scion radios are popular. They used the old Toyota dual plugs but also had jack for a Ipod and MP3 player.

I still not sure about the ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM. You might have to search the 80 forum or ask the question there. The 80 series is the time frame when Toyota radios had this.:cheers:

If this is a picture of a 80 series in the middle of the dash then it looks like your good to go as far a wiring. The two grey plugs are for a radio with a internal amp. The white plug is from the amp which should be located to the right of the glove box. That should plug into a head unit up to 99. I know on some units the that plug changed around that time. This wouldn't work with my Tundra audio system. My 2000 LC is totally different. I believe this is why the Scion radios are popular. They used the old Toyota dual plugs but also had jack for a Ipod and MP3 player.

I still not sure about the ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM. You might have to search the 80 forum or ask the question there. The 80 series is the time frame when Toyota radios had this.:cheers:

Thank you very much. I will look into the ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM question. I really appreciate it! My pic is from a 93 FZJ80 LC. It looks like though the head unit here for sale has 3 plastic prongs (not too sure what they are called). It looks like there is one in the middle and 2 at the bottom. My female connector looks like it takes 4 prongs - 2 at the top and 2 at the bottom. Am I making sense? thanks again.

I believe your talking about the ribs that keep anything other than the right connector from working. Unless I'm wrong the upper one to the right on your is not really a slot for one of those ribs to slide in. I guessing it's there to let the little tab on top be pushed down to release the plug from the unit. Do you not have a unit now. There are brackets that bolt to the side unit unit that lets it bolt into the vehicle. So the same unit will fit into many vehicles just by changing brackets. The reason I was able to mount a Tundra head unit and amp into my 89 FJ62. The amp was not a direct bolt in since in 89 there were no FJ62 imported to the US that had the external amp. I learned here on Mud in other markets (middle east) there were. I was able to bend the amp's brackets to fit in the non US stock location.

The white plug on the left is the plug that plugs into the unit.

radio codes

I'm not sure how what years these radio codes are good for, but here is a list of codes and instructions for a lock-up radio. This came from a Toyota dealership. This is what they use if you bring in a radio that the security system locked out.

scan0002.jpg

scan0001.jpg

scan.jpg

PM Sent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom