FZJ80 LQ9 swap questions. (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, my 97 FZJ80 has a low oil pressure issue and today just so happened to come across a FREE LQ9.
I’ve been searching the forums and googling also so I can get a better idea of what to expect when I swap the LQ9 for the 1FZE and I’ve got some questions that I haven't found the answer to so sorry if these questions already have been answered.

1.Is there an adapter for the LQ9 and the stock A343F transmission, if so who makes these and where can I source them. I haven't found anything definitive on the forums or google.

2. The LQ9 I sourced is a drive by wire engine, can I get away with converting it to a cable type throttle?
I don't get the harness or ECU with the engine so I’m sure I can do a standalone or any other solution.

3. I found a site that has the engine mounts for the small block but they are out of stock does anybody know of another source for these mounts?

4. I’m new to the Chevy small block world, the LQ9 is an iron block and an LS is an aluminum block, apart from block materials and accessory routing, are there any other details I should be aware of before buying adapters for LS engines to use on my LQ9 engine?

Again, if any of these questions have been answered before I apologize, thank you for your time and knowledge.

LQ9 is part of the LS family. LS engines do not by definition have an Al block, but some do.

From what I have found Marks adapters with the way to go. Get a 4l60/4l89/6l80/6l90 that bolts to your engine and use the adapter to bolt the trans to the t case. I think motor mounts come with the kit.

The LS can be run drive by cable if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom