FZJ80 Heavy Duty Battery Cable Sets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

*Cross posted for visibility*

Quick question on the fusable links.

Mine appear to be spliced into the currently installed cable running from the POS (+) battery terminal to the starter. I’m in the process of getting it removed but it’s wrapped in with the NEG (-) cable that runs to the block.

Upon removal, where are the fusable link(s) supposed to draw their power upon reinstall?

Someone has obviously been in here before and done a mediocre job. Hope to not be forced to reinvent the wheel to complete this install.

Appreciate any quick responses as I’m trying to knock this out tomorrow morning.
Thanks!

***UPDATE***
My confusion came froM a jack leg extension the PO installed in-line on the POS cable. I was able to create enough slack to route the 3 wires from the fusable link to the POS batt term utilizing the mil spec terminals.

I have a 1997 FZJ80. What are the difference with the following? Do you have any pictures?

1) Battery terminal covers (add $10.00)
2) Abrasion resistant covering (add $10.00)

How long is the factory battery to starter wire? Trying to figure out how long I need to order. Mine has been hacked by previous owner, and my battery terminals are facing the front of the vehicle. Tx. (93 FJ80)

Hey I'm interested in this kit but have the same question as above. Not well-versed in electrical but I want to make sure I use the correct grounding points considering I don't know much about the prior ownership of this truck and have seen some funky things. Also am a visual learner and it would help to see other installs, especially what order the fusible links go in. TIA
Hi I have the kit and will be tackling this job soon but same question as those above. Would greatly appreciate an install guide. Thanks!

I'm still rocking a kit that I bought several years ago. Still looks as good today as it did the day I installed it. Hell of a value for good parts!

Are the prices all updated? Been wanting this but the LC is on hibernation. @Fourrunner

Will this fit a 70 series or fo I get you lengths of cables?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom