FZJ80 Heater front heater issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
my 40th anniversary front heater w/climate control quit putting out heat (rear heater works)
any suggestions?

Have you checked the coolant level recently, any leaks? When you place the HVAC control Temp slider to full heat does the heat control valve on the firewall open (and is the cable still connected to that lever)?

Last edited:
Thanks; that gives me a good starting point
coolants fine, no leaks, it was working great 2 days ago, my wife took it to work and then of course it stopped working
i'll roll it in garage in the morning and take a look Thanks again

Every time I've had an issue like that, the cable was off the heater valve on the firewall.

Mine was doing something similar. I believe mine is related to the actual HVAC. If I move the slider for the heat slow it works but if I move it fast it will blow cold air. The heater valve on the firewall is working, had my wife move the control and seen the cable move.

I also haven't had front heat since I purchased my 80 couple years ago.

Control valve opens and closes when temperature slider is moved, flushed heater core/radiator, new tstat, all AC vent controls seem to be working. Moving temperature between hot and cold at any rate of speed doesn't do a thing to the air temperature. Is it likely the climate control or is there something I'm overlooking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom