Fzj80 Heated Steering Wheel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone recovered an OEM and added a heating element? Have to imagine this is possible - but can’t seem to find anyone who has done it. I did reach Craft Customs. They also said - no.

Any ideas?

Whats your budget?

Would be much easier/nicer/better (but more expensive) to simple retro fit a 200 series style landcruiser steering wheel which has the heating element already built in.

41cmmNw8i_mid.jpg

Has anyone recovered an OEM and added a heating element? Have to imagine this is possible - but can’t seem to find anyone who has done it. I did reach Craft Customs. They also said - no.

Any ideas?

I think the biggest problem would be that the 80 doesn't have the clock spring at all (early), or one with enough circuits (later) to provide power to a heated wheel. I have to admit one of the reasons I like my 80 is the simplicity, but a heated steering wheel and steering wheel controls would be nice. Might be easiest to start looking for a donor column with a heated wheel. But be prepared to deal with fabrication, wiring, and dealing with airbags, etc.

Jason

I just bought a new steering wheel and am about to embark on this...My 80 is going through a swap rn so this is just another item I am adding to the list. Worst case...I just have a new steering wheel. Best case I have a heated steering wheel with paddle shifters and buttons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom