Fzj80 fuel consumption (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ve done:
Spark plugs
Distributor
Spark plug cables
Vacuum hoses
Radiator
Thermostst
Water hoses
Alternator
Distributor

Need to fix:
EGR
O2 sensors

When the truck is in idle speed, I can feel some smell, “old car smell”, but can’t tell if it is from a rich mixture or from clogged exhaust system
Did you see the recommendation of pulling / re installing the EFI fuse and driving it on a open road trip to relearn the EFI computer? I'm sure disconnecting the battery for 20 min will work. I'm going to try this, I'm having the same issue as you mention. In the past I disconnected my battery to do some work and then only drove around town for months (stop and go) EFI didn't properly re learn. I'm going to test it out soon. I'm currently averaging 10.2 to 11 mpgs

Did you see the recommendation of pulling / re installing the EFI fuse and driving it on a open road trip to relearn the EFI computer? I'm sure disconnecting the battery for 20 min will work. I'm going to try this, I'm having the same issue as you mention. In the past I disconnected my battery to do some work and then only drove around town for months (stop and go) EFI didn't properly re learn. I'm going to test it out soon. I'm currently averaging 10.2 to 11 mpgs
Will try it in an upcoming trip I have in a few weeks. almost 1.000 km (625 miles).
Where exactly is the EFI Fuse, on the fuse box on the left side of the steering column (inside the cabin) or in the Fuse/Relay box on the engine compartment? Sorry for the question, I done have my owners manual.

Will try it in an upcoming trip I have in a few weeks. almost 1.000 km (625 miles).
Where exactly is the EFI Fuse, on the fuse box on the left side of the steering column (inside the cabin) or in the Fuse/Relay box on the engine compartment? Sorry for the question, I done have my owners manual.
I think 🤔 it’s in the engine bay and it’s labeled EFI but I could be wrong, I’m. Just going to disconnect my battery so I can clear my head unit Bluetooth settings

OEM ride height

OEM Michelin LTX 275/70/16 tires at 35 PSI cold (the tire designed specifically for this application).

Throw everything that is not absolutely necessary overboard

Under 65 MPH top speed

Real gasoline (no ethanol)

These things were designed in the 1980s when the speed limit was 55 MPH. 55-60 is the economy sweet spot.

I think 🤔 it’s in the engine bay and it’s labeled EFI but I could be wrong, I’m. Just going to disconnect my battery so I can clear my head unit Bluetooth settings
U r right!

Found this

OEM ride height

OEM Michelin LTX 275/70/16 tires at 35 PSI cold (the tire designed specifically for this application).

Throw everything that is not absolutely necessary overboard

Under 65 MPH top speed

Real gasoline (no ethanol)

These things were designed in the 1980s when the speed limit was 55 MPH. 55-60 is the economy sweet spot.
Absolutely agree with you about throwing overboard unnecessary stuff and speed. Top speed I do on my 80 is about 60-65.

Absolutely agree with you about throwing overboard unnecessary stuff and speed. Top speed I do on my 80 is about 60-65.
I guess I didn't state the weight of my truck in my mileage thread for reference.

I'm always at 6200-6300 without me in it. That's somewhere around 600-800 LB of tools, parts, and gear I need for job sites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom