Fzj80 engine codes and stumbling (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I believe I'm posting this in the right location..
I have a 1994 fzj80 with around 240k on the clock. On the drive home last night after fueling up running around 75mph the truck started to feel a bit weird like the engine was stumbling. Limping it home the engine would dropped down in rpm frequently under load. When going down a hill letting off the gas the truck would backfire quite a bit.

I checked the engine codes with the results of
1. 24-intake air temperature sensor signal
2. 25- air fuel ratio lean (on since cats were remover)
3. 31-air flow meter signal (vacuum sensor signal)(was told to unplug maf to see if the engine would die)
4. 41-throttle position sensor signal
Does anyone know if there's a fuse that may have blown that would cause those codes? I find it hard to believe that that much stuff would go wrong in that short amount of time. Also what would cause the engine to stumble like that?

I can't really offer you much help but since yours is a '94 the O2's are upstream of the cats so the ECM would not know you removed them. Something else is causing the code 25.
TPS is easy to test per FSM and so is the VAF (not MAF on a '94).
Not sure about the air intake signal but worth checking if you have a crack in your air intake tube between the VAF and Throttle body.

Alright I'll check the FSM and see what it says about testing the vaf and the tps. For the code 25 I was thinking that there may not be enough back pressure for the o2's to get an accurate reading? Or should I just replace them?

How many miles have they done?

If your referring to the o2's I believe they are the original. There completely rusted to the down pipes. I can't tell if it's studs or nuts.

I believe I'm posting this in the right location..
I have a 1994 fzj80 with around 240k on the clock. On the drive home last night after fueling up running around 75mph the truck started to feel a bit weird like the engine was stumbling. Limping it home the engine would dropped down in rpm frequently under load. When going down a hill letting off the gas the truck would backfire quite a bit.

I checked the engine codes with the results of
1. 24-intake air temperature sensor signal
2. 25- air fuel ratio lean (on since cats were remover)
3. 31-air flow meter signal (vacuum sensor signal)(was told to unplug maf to see if the engine would die)
4. 41-throttle position sensor signal
Does anyone know if there's a fuse that may have blown that would cause those codes? I find it hard to believe that that much stuff would go wrong in that short amount of time. Also what would cause the engine to stumble like that?

Did you find the issue? I'm getting a 24, 31, 41. But no driving issues you were having

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom