FZJ80 EGR CEL went away by itself (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

G80

Threads
My EGR was definitely clogged and I had a rough idle, CEL with EGR codes. Yesterday after some highway driving above 80mph it turned off and hasn't come back in a day, idle is now smooth. I did not try any cleaner except some seafoam in the tank but that was a few tanks ago. Has this ever happened to anyone, should I still plan on renewing the EGR system or is it really possible in unclogged itself? I have been driving my 80 daily as opposed to occasionally for a week or so, only thing that's changed.

Seamfoam in the tank will have zero to do in helping your future EGR issues upon you. It was a coincidence. You likely have ports that have carbon build up, or failing EGR components. Download a copy of the FSM and follow the diagnostic instructions to isolate the cause.

Seamfoam in the tank will have zero to do in helping your future EGR issues upon you. It was a coincidence. You likely have ports that have carbon build up, or failing EGR components. Download a copy of the FSM and follow the diagnostic instructions to isolate the cause.
Yeah I figured, didn't even want to use seafoam, heard it damages seals. I have a new EGR valve and ordered the pipe, modulator, vsv valve and union nut from toyota parts deal but not too confident it will be delivered because other sites show the pipe to be discontinued. Maybe a good idea to get all the parts anyway since that pipe is what gives a lot of people trouble and having a new one if possible will be a good investment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom