Fzj80 courtesy light/puddle lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fj80oregon

GOLD Star
Threads
So I have searched and read lots of other info on this. I am adding a blue sea fuse block. The first add on I want to do is some courtesy lights under the sliders when I unlock or open the doors. I am gonna wire 4 pods under the sliders and not sure how to tie them altogether? And which wire I need to tie into to get them to turn on with the doom light, and where would that wire go to to turn them on a relay? I don’t have much car wiring experience. Thanks in advance.

Well...in theory, all 4 lights get wired to 1 whip. Then in order to have the dome light turn them on you'd have to terminate them at either a door switch or the dome light.

That circuit is positive ground. So it's a little more of a pain.

I'm also unsure if tapping into that circuit will have enough power, then you'd need to wire that circuit to trigger a relay that would power your step lights.

That's the max of my electrical bandwidth though...

Someone else might have a better idea 💡

I put puddle lights under the mirrors wired into the door panel lights. All LEDs so just used the existing wiring. You could probably tie into just one of the door panel lights and use a relay to trigger your 4 pods.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom