FZJ80 Alternator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been going through some threads; and couldn't really find the information I was looking for...

What's the better quality/cost option right now for the fzj80 alternator?

I've heard of people using is it 100 series Alternators or Sequoia Alternators?

The alternator model numbers are
27060-0F040 for the 130 amp and 27060-0F050 for the 150 amp.

They came in the '03+ Sequoia and Tundra I believe. You will need a bracket from @Photoman.

Unless you need or want to upgrade a rebuilt stock alternator from Toyota is around $200. If you do the 130 or 150 amp upgrade you’ll have almost that much in the kit plus the alternator. I’m running a rebuilt stock Toyota alternator right now and have the kit and a 130 amp sequoia alternator in my garage waiting to go in. To be honest the 80 amp alternator works well keeping my dual batteries charged. I have a winch, amp for stereo and an air compressor running off of them. If you have a fridge, and a bunch of other accessories the upgrade is probably worth it.

Unless you need or want to upgrade a rebuilt stock alternator from Toyota is around $200. If you do the 130 or 150 amp upgrade you’ll have almost that much in the kit plus the alternator. I’m running a rebuilt stock Toyota alternator right now and have the kit and a 130 amp sequoia alternator in my garage waiting to go in. To be honest the 80 amp alternator works well keeping my dual batteries charged. I have a winch, amp for stereo and an air compressor running off of them. If you have a fridge, and a bunch of other accessories the upgrade is probably worth it.

Agree with this. Unless you have (or plan) additional 'add on' electrical demands, the OEM alternator is plenty for most folks and pretty long lived. Mine is the original to the vehicle. I have 305K on my rig and its now 22 yrs. old.

I have a lightly used high output direct replacement mean green alternator sitting in my garage if you're interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom