Fzj80 4bt and 6bt Diesel adapters FAQ Duiser allmaras machine repair/replacement parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This thread is not to be about issues of delivery. Only documenting replacement parts fixes for issues and documenting the different versions of his adapter system over the years.

Lets accumulate part numbers and applications of parts used for reference. If there are question marks after details it indicates that the info needs to be verified, but is an educated guess going on memory not a verified result (will update).

Accessory adaptor plate:
Quick Mount Cummins AC
-1991.5-2005 Dodge diesel Sanden AC compressors
-1989+ Dodge diesel Denso alternators
-Ford 3 bolt FS10 AC compressors gas and diesel
-Ford 3 bolt pad mount alternators with 8 groove pulleys (diesel)
-Uses 89-2002 Dodge diesel belt tensioner
Belt - Alternator pulley Diameters been found to very 2.5" vs 2.75" so belt length may very as well.
K080797 is the original that fits with the larger 2.75" Pulley

Belts that DO NOT WORK (will delete if the correct one is found) K080791 is to short with 2.5" Pulley and K080795 is to long with 2.5" Pulley. There is a K080704??? that might fit would likely need a K080792/3 for the smaller pulley

Adapter and starter:
- Early version: custom adapter plate cummins B-series to Toyota 1FZ pattern for transmission:
- Starter - ford 6.4 Diesel 2008-2010???
- Tach pickup - Dakota digital have found PN: MSP6724 to work as replacement (3/4" - 16UNF Thread magnetic speed sensor)
- Remove the bottom of the adapter by cutting off the lower section to gain access to engine oil pan bolts, also makes it easier to access to torque converter bolts (pictures to be added in posts following.
- Torque converter: stock toyota with stall lowered (stock one unmodified does work just need to keep the engine RPM higher to put the power to the ground)
- Flex plate custom for Cummins crank to Toyota Converter

Later version: using dodge adapter and starter with custom bell housing
what year adapter 89-93 or 94-98???
- Stock toyota converter with modified base to adapter to Dodge footprint and flex plate

Keywords for search: Diesel adapters, Allmaras machine, Dustin Allmaras, Duiser offroad

Last edited:
This is one of the most confusing posts ever.. what are you trying to do?

He wants to put a cummings 12 valve in the 80

Um, hows your blood sugar phil? Your insulin levels OK bud? You been sleeping alright?

kinda looks like one of those "Ambien posts", not trying to piss on you, just a bit concerned really.

It's meant to be a thread to post up what replacement parts and practices people have found to work with the "Duiser" diesel converted 80's., since trying to get Dustin or anyone associated with them to assist is nearly impossible, and a lot of the work has been found to be sub-par.

@turbophil has one of their conversions.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

A lot of people bought conversion kits, or trucks with conversion kits that are now old enough to need parts and it is a mix mash of parts that you can't get so they need to know what to do.

If you don't have the kit the thread is N/A to you.

sorry about that cleaned it up for clarity moving forward. if you have his kit it will make since every one else can ignore and i've been meaning to start this post for a few months to document and save is on my follow list for future reference.

posted out of a little frustration last night actually not by turbophil but cjmoon from his computer in his shop that defaulted to his log in sorry about that.

It all makes more since that it was my ramblings instead of a well thought out Phil post...

Just capturing info for future reference by all.

Cut early style adapter plate is a must. As you can not remove the oil pain with the adapter in place. Save yourself time down the road with a little modification.

E10D1C93-F532-4FAE-AE5F-45E1983EA938.jpeg
10858EA9-6E27-4DA8-A9E4-8F8B1C9D82AE.jpeg
B58F0CBB-702F-4A05-9ADE-6FD9A5426C51.jpeg

Last edited:
85EF00CE-5FD3-480F-A9E4-D0AA9E547B1F.jpeg
DBB6602C-F6B2-446F-955D-2A956BD94330.jpeg
32114920-68C0-4CD9-8EAA-F31BBAFEA4C1.jpeg
For the early version adapter plate with OEM Toyota bell housing

I had my flex plate brake. I tweeked it on the original install. 30k miles ago. That could be the source of my issue. But just in case someone else has the issue. Here is my fix:

Thicker 4130 0.09” plate water jetted with flex features added. No structural analysis done on these features just good engineering principles after seeing how the original 0.07” plate failed and researching common flex plate failures. Ended up with one crank side spacer and added a torque converter spacer ring as well for crank bolt clearance. Not ideal but it’s worked so far about 1000 miles in

Last edited:
My 80 came with some sort of one off adapter, two bellhousing cut and then brazed together to make an adapter.

Im guessing the alignment wasn't perfect, after two or three broken flexplates, custom replacements and dropping the trans each time it just didn't make sense. Went to the NV4500. Now i have a leaky AA adapter but no broken flex plates.

I think the NV4500 to HF2A is what I will be doing, but probably reusing the NV4500 adapter if possible.

Edit: sorry for the sidetrack, just posting my experience.

So far I’m the only one that has had this failure that I know of, but it could be my own self doing...read on.

I did bend mine on the original install. Wanted to buy a new one but Dustin wanted to put it back in the coining press to get it straighter. The pilot had to be welded back on the torque converter as well (done by a torque converter shop that said it was common practice not a big deal). So lots of potential error in this set up cause by me. I’ve never bad mouthed the original manufacture for this issue just communication and follow through issues.

78D4072B-006D-4622-A9CC-BFF4E3E9EBCF.jpeg

Is the Ford starter an option over the Dodge? I have heard Cummins folks using Ford starters but can’t find any real info if it’s a direct swap or a modification. My 96 F350 starter is much faster than the Dodge one on my Cummins.

Is the Ford starter an option over the Dodge? I have heard Cummins folks using Ford starters but can’t find any real info if it’s a direct swap or a modification. My 96 F350 starter is much faster than the Dodge one on my Cummins.

I’ve heard of this but never verified. Although I can’t definitively say the 6.4 ford starter is correct i know it’s a ford starter and I recall ordering the 6.0 ford starter first. It was wrong. The only other direction is 6.7 ford starter i didn’t go backwords. One of these versions has a casting over the bendix. That does not fit. Everything else is the same.

Just spitballing here - Would more info on the radiator hose PNs would be helpful? Were they Dodge units trimmed down to fit?

Yes exactly what this thread should have in it. I have no info on what was used. I know what I used on my swap but I used all dodge. TurboPhil’s was not a complete kit from diesel adapters so not sure, but his is a 2 piece set up for the lower and Unknown upper single hose.

I know my OEM Cummins/NV4500 adapter plate has a spacer for the Dodge starter.

Thermostat is 98+ if using the accessory bracket. The thick o ring gasket on the water neck is stock Dodge.

My starter is from the earlier 91 dodge I think, but the trans is a 97. I might have numbers wrong, but I think the starter that came with the 97 wouldn't clear or something.

It's been quite a while since I swapped it and my memory isn't clear on the matter, but I remeber some issues with clearance or rotating it.

Now that I think of it, my starter has been rotated, thats why I had issues with it every couple years. There is a small plastic nipple for a breather/drain tube on the bottom of the starter housing, when I rotated it, after going through deep water a few or 6 months later I would have issues and need it rebuild. Had to do this a couple times before I smartened up, drilled another hole for the rubber breather and sealed the old hole. Just a heads up on that folks.

Also, I think we should reconsider the design of the flexplates a little. They end up not flexxing, and then cracking around the bolt holes. They should be redesigned to take misalignment better. I would look at the spiral shaped cutout style done on other parts to actually allow the flex plate to flex a bit.

Last edited:
I am using a Bosch starter SR6519X which shows for 94-02.

4FC88AAC-E8F7-4EBB-8D58-ABE1FD239788.jpeg
I’ll try and update this tomorrow. Please also include details on your setup since diesel adapters also have the nv4500 to Toyota transfer. Your kits may very based adapter plate and year where the back side of the nv4500 is the same 94-2002+. (I just don’t know then newer models we’ll enough to put a number).

My broken flex plate for reference. On the early adapter plate style Toyota 1fz engine pattern a440f/a442f/a343f trans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom