FZJ71 1000WHP low range ratio (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everybody,
My car is FZJ71 with turboed 1fz-fe motor producing 1000 wheel horse power driven by h151 & hf1a. I'm facing issue with the low range ratio which is 2.488:1 and it isn't suitable for 1000whp so I couldn't find any higher ratio for hf1a TC. I'm thinking about 19 spline spilt case TC out from fj60 do you think I can hook it up to h151 tranny to get that 1.959:1 ratio? Do you guys suggest another solution to get the ratio around 2:1 for low range.

Thanks in advance 😄

First off, welcome.

Secondly, pictures please, would love to hear about that build to get to 1000whp.

I don’t believe that the split case will connect to the h151, from memory the bolt patterns are way different. I suppose you could make some adapters, but not sure how well they would hold up under that power.

do you have 4.11s in the axles?

Hello,

What about replacing the transfer case gears with, say, 2:1?

60 Series transfer cases have lower gearing but they were designed for lower power engines. 1000 HP may be a bit too much for them.

If you have 4.11:1 differential gears, replacing them with 3.7:1 ones may be an option as well.

Last but not least, pictures or it did not happen.

Juan

What kind of tires you use?
What type offroad you gona do?

Here i see a few splitcases broken with ls engines swap....
The idler gear washers don't hold the load in long sand hill climb. (Around a minute at WOT) finally the idler gear comes ouf of the case... nice carnage

Greetings

First off, welcome.

Secondly, pictures please, would love to hear about that build to get to 1000whp.

I don’t believe that the split case will connect to the h151, from memory the bolt patterns are way different. I suppose you could make some adapters, but not sure how well they would hold up under that power.

do you have 4.11s in the axles? yes it is.

c50f7dbb-ced5-48b6-bf10-9e3283dc52dc.jpg
870d38fd-d6f2-4a19-b309-452acbe18b99.jpg

58e3e8f5-7ee6-4196-865e-d4a7068c6ff9.jpg

dadce6bb-54fa-4826-b67c-35d35bf22c6a.jpg

Hello,

What about replacing the transfer case gears with, say, 2:1? not available

60 Series transfer cases have lower gearing but they were designed for lower power engines. 1000 HP may be a bit too much for them.

If you have 4.11:1 differential gears, replacing them with 3.7:1 ones may be an option as well. still not the proper ratio even for 3.58

Last but not least, pictures or it did not happen.

Juan

What kind of tires you use? sand tires 32''
What type offroad you gona do? sand hill climbing

Here i see a few splitcases broken with ls engines swap....
The idler gear washers don't hold the load in long sand hill climb. (Around a minute at WOT) finally the idler gear comes ouf of the case... nice carnage

Greetings

I like the split case for 2 reasons:
1 I don't have to change the raer diff style.
2 the twin stick TC shifter. 😉

I like the split case for 2 reasons:
1 I don't have to change the raer diff style.
2 the twin stick TC shifter. 😉

Nice pictures! That thing is sweet.

Again, as far as I know, no one has mated a split case to an H151.

You could machine a new case I suppose to match the bolt pattern???

You could run a divorced t-case setup and run an Atlas transfer case, the have 2.0 gear sets, but I'm not sure you have the drivetrain room to do that.

And what is the reduction of the h2fa?

That happens with the split case under to much load

IMG-20200622-WA0071.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom