FZJ105R Condenser fan mystery. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What does the interior have to do with any of his A/C cooling issues? He has a 1FZ-FE engine and A/C system, which is identical to FZJ80s.
Nothing. I’m sorry I’ve commented.

It’s basically the 80 series under a 100 body. A hell of a lot of 80s here in the USA...
Most of the 80s engine , driveline etc
The point is that it isn't a 100 body on the inside. It's a 105 interior which is different from the 100.
Nah, the interior is definitely a 100 series. The evapourator box / cabin filter housing is supremely weird. You'd probably have a puzzled face looking at it.

ok , so thought I would bump this thread bcos it comes up in google search as well, might be useful for others

So I've gone to the extent of putting 2x thermo fans on the condenser and extending the A/T cooler forward.

142915375_1250583645338035_5936350453873043781_n.jpg

I have replaced the broken Fan shroud and clutch driven fan (TORA) & put some rubber foam seal between radiator and front chassis. So more air is going over the fins obviously.

146381746_257705215751300_1903773233672014887_n.jpg

It gets cool real quick because of this, but there is still a problem in this system after the cars been run a bit suring the day then it cycles from cold to warm, back to cold. Obviously some sort of restriction in the AC system. On top of that, the AC Compressor does not stop, or switch off and then on again... making me think that is an obvious problem.
I have a squeek on my engine clutch driven fan now and it looks as if the fan clutch may be wobbling only very slightly. My theory is the 2 x thermo fans in push config is somehow blowing warm air back into the engine bay against the new TORA clutch driven fan and viscous clutch <-- weird but kinda evident something is squeeking a bit in there.

So now I've completely researched the entire AC system (DENSO) bought a temp gun and think I will just replace the condenser and TX Valve. The condenser looks easy, the Tx Valve can be done from the front of the firewall by the looks? Think I will leave the thermo fans off, or put them in PULL config, but I will be buying a vacuum pump to remove refridgerant first, so wont touch the condenser after first replacing I can buy more refridgerant later.

Is there obvious problems that occur in the AC systems after such and such years with these cars? All looks to be original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom