FZJ105 Y-Pipe on an 80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I really need to replace my exhaust from the manifold outlet to the muffler inlet. I've seen some mentions of using a FZJ105 y-pipe but never seen any picture or actual confirmation of its fitment between the drivetrain and the frame rail. Mainly looking to see if anyone has firsthand knowledge of it. Seems like if one could work with a small diameter highflow cat it would be a cheaper option and you wouldn't have the exhaust hanging under the frame rail. The PN I was looking at was 17401-66131. Appreciate any help.

Last edited:
Another option I have seen is what looks like a non-cat version y-pipe for an 1fze 80 pn 1741061261. I think this would just need a cat and 2 o2 bungs.

exhaust.JPG

I'm 95% sure the 105 Y-Pipe will fit

105 y pipe fits, but you do have to clearance the floor under the pass. seat a little bit. Also need to add O2 sensor bungs.

105 y pipe fits, but you do have to clearance the floor under the pass. seat a little bit. Also need to add O2 sensor bungs.
Thanks, do you have any pictures of it installed?

Ever get a picture of this part installed? Or a review of how it works out?
Looking at doing this on my 94' and just running the O2 sensors in the stock header.
Did you post on FB as well? I’m watching that post.

I thought the 105 ran inside the frame, unlike ours?

Ever get a picture of this part installed? Or a review of how it works out?
Looking at doing this on my 94' and just running the O2 sensors in the stock header.
I run a 95+ downpipe and front cat on my 94. Much more tucked than stock. O2 sensors in the pair holes left in the exhaust manifold. I had a good exhaust shop customize it to use the '94 muffler, and delete the resonator. All in all cheaper than several off the shelf offerings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom