FZJ100 rpm limits ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sup fellow humans i got a question either i cant find the answer for or its a new question on this forum.

so i got a FZJ100 (1FZ-FE) and i was curious if i can add a unichip to the wiring harness and make the rpm limit hit 7k it’s probably gonna break the engine but i wanted to ask before i do anything lol.

Stock 5K-5200rpm, tach only reads 6K.

If you de-stroke to 4.0 L then much higher.

Why would you want to?

Engine was not designed (and doesn't like) high RPM. It is well suited for 'boost' however.

Stock 5K-5200rpm, tach only reads 6K.

If you de-stroke to 4.0 L then much higher.

Why would you want to?

Engine was not designed (and doesn't like) high RPM. It is well suited for 'boost' however.
not really my 2007 lc100 aka (FZJ105) has 7000 rpm in the gauge cluster but it cuts off at 5600 and it has an inline 6 (1FZ-FE) with a h151-f trans, de-stroking sounds impossible for an engine that is rarely has an aftermarket for the only crank i saw is the brian crower with a 101 stroke makes it 5.0 i think in witch wont help reach 7000 rpm or higher + COSTS $7804!! although i did some googling about average engine speed and i found that the 1FZ-FE has an average engine speed of 49 mph at 7000 unlike the 2JZ that has 44 mph at 7000, i want to increase the rpm for racing purposes, these engines have alot of culture where i live :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom