FZ Underhood Component Makers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jaymar

SILVER Star
Threads
Toyota partsmongers simply list everything as Manufacturer: Toyota. The water pump, for example, is made by Aisin Seiki, but looking at these sites, you'd never know that. Same goes for the alternator, made by Denso. And brake booster, Aisin Seiki. So now I'm wondering about some of the other important components. Can anyone fill in the blanks on these major (and a few minor) components, and let me know what I'm forgetting? I'll update the OP if so. Unknown mfrs marked with a *

Water Pump - Aisin Seiki (16100-69325)
Oil Pump - Aisin Seiki ()
Starter - Denso (several numbers and kw ratings)
Alternator - Denso. (27060-66070) {stock amperage}
A/C Compressor - Denso (88320-60580)
*Distributor - ? (19100-66020)
Brake Booster - formerly Aisin Seiki; now made by Bosch (44610-60791)
*Master Cylinder - ? (47201-60551)
*Power Steering Pump - ? (44320-60181)
*Power Steering Gearbox - ? (4410760080) {might be just the housing?}
*105 Sector Shaft - ? () {separate purchase?}
*105 Pitman Arm - ? () {separate purchase?}
*Heater Control Valve - ? ()
Plugs - Denso (various numbers)
Wires - Yazaki ()
*Coil - ? ()
*MAF Sensor w /Housing - Denso (22250-66050) {have they switched to Hitachi for these?}
*Can - ? ()
*Fuel Injectors and Rail - ? ()
*Fuel Filter - ? (2330069045)
*Gas Filter - ? (9091711022)
*Engine harness - ? ()
Supercharger - Various manufacturers including Eaton, Magnuson, Kazuma
That Costly High Pressure PS Hose - ? ()

Also--how many engine and exhaust sensors are there? Does Denso make ALL of them?

Last edited:
Toyota partsmongers simply list everything as Manufacturer: Toyota. The water pump, for example, is made by Aisin Seiki, but looking at these sites, you'd never know that. Same goes for the alternator, made by Denso. And brake booster, Aisin Seiki. So now I'm wondering about some of the other important components. Can anyone fill in the blanks on these major (and a few minor) components, and let me know what I'm forgetting? I'll update the OP if so. Unknown mfrs marked with a *

*Oil Pump - ? ()
Brake Booster - Aisin Seiki (44610-60791)
Wires - Yazaki ()
*Coil - ? ()
*MAF - ? ()
*Can - ? ()
*Engine harness - ? ()
Supercharger - Kazuma

Also--how many engine and exhaust sensors are there? Does Denso make ALL of them?
Oil pump is part of the timing cover. AISIN. RockAuto

Sometimes, when I’m flipping channels and I come across something that doesn’t interest me, I immediately sit down and fire off a letter insulting the producer, because it makes me feel better.

No, wait. I don’t. You know what I actually do?

I change the channel.

But that’s me.

YMMV.
:cheers:

Last edited:
Sometimes, when I’m flipping channels and I wind up on one that doesn’t interest me, I immediately sit down and fire off a letter insulting the producer, because it makes me feel better.

No, wait. I don’t. You know what I actually do?

I change the channel.

But that’s me.

YMMV.
:cheers:
My mileage varies. :flipoff2:

Oil Pump - Aisin Seiki ()
Starter - Denso (several numbers)
Brake Booster - Aisin Seiki (44610-60791)
Wires - Yazaki ()
*Coil - ? ()
*MAF Sensor w /Housing - Denso (22250-66050) {have they switched to Hitachi for these?}
*Can - ? ()
*Engine harness - ? ()
Supercharger - Kazuma

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer and totally understand the need to save a buck, but the effort in digging a lot of this up may return some errors. By this I mean that some of the actual OEM Toyota parts are vastly different than what you would get out of the aftermarket box. Many Toyotas run an OEM Denso radiator, and the Denso part that you would get from Rock Auto is essentially a boat anchor. Garbage quality and usually doesn't line up with the brackets. I have ran into this multiple times with customers sourcing their own parts and bringing it to me with issues. Although there is a strong argument that some parts are the same quality that comes in the Toyota box. In the case of this thread, I would challenge you to purchase said cheaper parts and compare them side by side with OEM and report back to us. I have done this exact comparison with the Aisin Timing belt kits. I purchased everything individually from the dealer and the whole kit from Rockauto. All were the exact same quality and finish.

BTW Bosch makes the brake booster for 1FZ-FE now. I know that the manufacturer for Toyota has changed over the years.

Radiator - Koyorad C1917 @jaymar 3 row brass (this is subjective on brass vs aluminum). And I actually like this thread so only responses on the topic, please post it here. If you want to rant or opine, DM the orig poster with your soap box reply.

Water Pump - Aisin Seiki (16100-69325) Correct
Oil Pump - Aisin Seiki () Correct
Starter - Denso (several numbers) Correct
Alternator - Denso. (27060-66070) {stock amperage} Correct
A/C Compressor - Denso (88320-60580) Correct
*Distributor - ? (19100-66020) Denso/Aisin Takoaka
Brake Booster - Aisin Seiki (44610-60791) ADVICS
*Master Cylinder - ? (47201-60551) ADVICS
*Power Steering Pump - ? (44320-60181) JTEKT/Toyoda Industries
*Power Steering Gearbox - ? (4410760080) {might be just the housing?} JTEKT/Toyoda Industries
*105 Sector Shaft - ? () {separate purchase?} Aichi Steel Corporation
*105 Pitman Arm - ? () {separate purchase?} Aichi Steel Corporation
*Heater Control Valve - ? () Denso
Plugs - Denso (various numbers) Correct
Wires - Yazaki () Correct
*Coil - ? () Denso
*Can - ? ()
*Fuel Injectors and Rail - ? () Injectors: Denso/ Fuel Rail: Aisan Industry Corporation
*Fuel Filter - ? (2330069045) Denso
*Gas Filter - ? (9091711022) Denso
*Engine harness - ? () Yazaki Corporation
Supercharger - Kazuma/ Magnusson
That Costly High Pressure PS Hose - ? () Yokahama

Also--how many engine and exhaust sensors are there? Does Denso make ALL of them? Most all engine sensors are either Denso or Yazaki.

See above.

90080-36098.jpg

front and rear Wheel bearings - Koyo Japan (Part numbers are escaping me at the moment)

Wheel bearings can also be Timken, just pulled the original rear axle bearings
out of a 97 model, all were Timken. Both KOYO and Timken bearings are available from Toyota, in Toyota boxes, but each with it's own part number ie: for the same application. FWIW.

[Photo credit]
Who makes these oem sensors (also the upstream and downstream oxygen sensors, smog sensors etc.)? Is it Denso? Turns out NGK/NTK makes quite a few aftermarket versions for the 80. Does anyone have any experience with those? (Photos cribbed from @flintknapper post.)
sensors temp.jpg

Sensors Head.jpg

Sensors in Head1.jpg

Last edited:
I already answered this earlier: Yazaki or Denso.
Is there a reference source that equates Toyota P/Ns with Denso or Yazaki numbers (even if those numbers are internal)?

I am trying. And Aisin, wow; getting hold of them is like getting hold of someone at Toyota. "Is very difficult." (Translation: Never gonna happen.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom