Fz obd 1 trouble code 12, how to fix? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, so I think I have finally gotten to the bottom of my no start up idle issue. I’ve gotten a code 12 after learning how to read the trouble codes. This code I believe means the engine ecm isn’t reading engine rpm. My question is, what can I do to remedy this? Where do I begin to look for the issue. Is there an rpm sensor on the engine? Are there wires I can test? I’m so close to getting this fixed, just need someone to point me in the right direction and I can sort it.

thanks guys

Do a search for code 12. Select this forum. Select search “title only” and you’ll find multiple results to get you started.

Thanks for that, I’ve checked them out and done a whole bunch of research. My issue is no warm up idle. Goes straight to about 650 rpm. The fault code 12 is for rpm signal. That means no ne,g1 or g2 signal get to ecm within 2 seconds of starting. Rpm signal is a part of the iac control so it’s definitely likely to cause my problem. I’m wondering tho is it something as simple as a distributor cap, button that can cause this? I’ve bought a handful of sensors all for nothing, before I got my hands on the fsm, my bad I know. I’m now just reluctant to splash out money on more pointless exercises. It would be brilliant if it were as simple as a distributor cap.

Thanks for that, I’ve checked them out and done a whole bunch of research. My issue is no warm up idle. Goes straight to about 650 rpm. The fault code 12 is for rpm signal. That means no ne,g1 or g2 signal get to ecm within 2 seconds of starting. Rpm signal is a part of the iac control so it’s definitely likely to cause my problem. I’m wondering tho is it something as simple as a distributor cap, button that can cause this? I’ve bought a handful of sensors all for nothing, before I got my hands on the fsm, my bad I know. I’m now just reluctant to splash out money on more pointless exercises. It would be brilliant if it were as simple as a distributor cap.
Did you figure this out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom