FYI, replacement leather now available (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
http://www.leatherseats.com/ now has patterns for 100's available. They're sending me a sample pack so I can attempt to match the OEM leather. Their kit for all three rows is about $1K. Mine are in poor shape, I bought my '99 in Oct of '02 and the only complaint I had a the time was the condition of the leather. And, now the drivers side cushion has a tear in the side where I get in and out. If anyone else is interested maybe we can get a group buy discount.

Also, does anyone have any experience with replacing the skins? How difficult a job is it?

That's good to know. I ordered brand new seats from those guys for my 93 SC300 and was very satisfied with the quality of the seats. Perhaps if we got a group buy together we could get that price down even lower. We got 20 people together on Clublexus.com and got the seats for $579 I believe.

I had the seats installed by a professional for $200. Well worth the money to me. I'm good at wrenching around, but not good at making things look pretty.

Just curious about how much for the replacement skins for just the two front seats. Alcantara (kinda like suede but synthetic) would be nice too.

I just got the new seat covers yesterday.. Ordered them at the end of December. They look great, in the box. I ordered the front and middle but not the 3rd row for $850 which included S&H and an install kit (hog rings, hog ring pliers and adhesive spray).

The stitching and leather is a lot nicer than what's in there now which has got me wondering who/when/where it was installed. When I bought this '99 in '02 the seats were already in bad shape. Anyway the new ones have stitching similar to the wifes LX. I pulled the front seat headrests out and did those last night. When I pulled the old leather off, there was cloth covering them. However, when I look under the seats there's no cloth there. Which got me thinking that it was installed post delivery which would kind of make sense because I've always noticed that the leather in the doors doesn't look like other 100's I've seen. Also the pockets in most 99's (behind the front seats) that I've seen have the mesh, mine are pockets.

BTW, the new leather included the leather for the doors as well.

how hard was it to replace the leather? i've got an '04 that i was originally going to swap seats with (mine is an '00) but couldn't because of the SRS. was wondering if i could just swap the leather covers.

aedgington said:
how hard was it to replace the leather? i've got an '04 that i was originally going to swap seats with (mine is an '00) but couldn't because of the SRS. was wondering if i could just swap the leather covers.

You could, but it's not easy. I've done the rear seats and thefront passenger seat so far and I probably have about 12 hrs of work into it. You'll need hog rings and hog ring pliers and tin snips (to cut the old hog rings). I still have the Drivers seat, door leather and all of the rear panels to do. The leather is awesome, it's nice to get into a 7 year old vehicle that has that new car smell.

yeah i had to just settle for swapping the 2nd & 3rd row seats & just doing the armrests & console in the front. maybe next time for me.

PICS!!!!!!?????

I repeat: THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS :rolleyes:

spressomon said:
PICS!!!!!!?????

I repeat: THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS :rolleyes:

I guess I should post some pics while the driver's seat still looks like s***, then you can see the difference. I'll take some tonight.

Yea, pics would be great, I'm thinking about just doing the fronts on mine, what color was your factory leather, and was it hard to match?

HEY 98LXand99LC!!!! Did you ever finish your seat covers??? Did you ever take any pictures of them???

Please post. I've seen you recently crusing MUD, so please post.

I'd like to pick this thread up again, even if it is 4 years old.

Thanks!

AWESOME!! Thanks!!
I did a searh, which I always do before asking a stupid/redundent question, and I didn't see this.

Many Thanks bamachem!

Don't forget this option too...

Clicky the Linky

$170 < $1000+

No, it's NOT new leather, and won't feel new, but it will buy you some time if you're not ready for a replacement just yet.

My wifes LC is way past doesn't look good, after 8 years of wet wetsuits, swim suits, etc. from surfing, we need recovers. My LC is looking good. Previous owner put new cover on the drivers side, but not passenger side, albeit, the passenger isn't too bad off, but still kind of bugs me not being exactly matching.

Wow, can't believe it's been five years and that I never posted pics. I'll take some hopefully tomorrow and post. The leather has held up well and am very satisfied with the leather.

r2m said:
HEY 98LXand99LC!!!! Did you ever finish your seat covers??? Did you ever take any pictures of them???

Please post. I've seen you recently crusing MUD, so please post.

I'd like to pick this thread up again, even if it is 4 years old.

Thanks!

Here are some pics, you ca see the leather has held up well for the past 5 yrs. Better than the original.
image-2974241713.jpg
image-3516079607.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom