FYI - Don't do this! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It has been 100* with heat index....
I got in my wifes LX450 for to go to lunch and noticed that she left a tube of superglue on the dash.
What have we learned from this?
1) Don't ever lay superglue on something that you care about.
2) Remember that as the superglue expands in the heat it WILL leak out and glue said tube to whatever it is sitting on! :mad:
superglue in dash.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like something my wife would do... oh wait she has done this with a soda in the MN winter and it froze and was sticky everywhere... Thank God in here car though

I left a up-opened Dr.Pepper in my cupholder on a nice hot day here in GA, found the empty can in the back end.

My wife did the 'un-openned soda-pop-can on a hot day' trick in our old Prelude. Man, that was a mess...

Looks like the car is ruined. This month was pretty good for me, so I could come up with $250 to take the problem off your hands. Maybe a few bucks more depending on how much gas is in the tank. PM me and let me know. Don't wait too long to respond, I still need to fix the tailgate of my wife's F250 after she backed into the Cruiser, and that $250 may get spent!

lol, I found a nice blob of haribo gummy frogs in my center console the other day. The bag melted into one giant blob, luckily it had cooled over night and didn't get all over everything, just the felt liner. . :doh:

my brother had a can of the compressed air to clean key boards in his back seat just recently in the texas heat. it exploded and broke his rear driver's side window out.

Aerosols are the worst. I had a can of ozium in the console, blew the latch apart. I was 50ft away when a spare tire in the bed of a pickup exploded, scared the s**t out of me.

Haha,

My mom was really bad for leaving full soda cans in her car. At least 5x each winter Id be cleaning pop off of the headliner/dash/frickin everywhere.

Had one pop on me while driving her car and it scared the crap out of me. I checked under the seats from then on before leaving the drive way.

D

Good thread. On our honeymoon, we thought we would take the recorked bottle of Champagne back home with us. Along route, the cork popped... twice. One, we then made sure we drove the speed limit, and two, that car always smelled after that! Hated that car!

Now that you know super glue sticks well to it, super glue a cup holder over it.

Looks like the double negative got him in rule number 1. Good catch CJF.

OOPS! :whoops:
What about when people say they can't "un-loosen" a tight nut/bolt either!

double negatives, what are you guys - English majors?! :D

BTW- fixed original post.

acetone

Lucky for you the tube of super glue wasn't left on the drivers seat, hot, soft, and ready to pop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom