FYI bushing info (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For those of us who are contemplating or in the midst of the mini disc conversion and will be needing the bushing for the tie rod. The Borg Warner Part # is SB0, and that cross references to Auto Zone # 4200B. I'm posting this because I've been searching for a little over a week and NAPA, Oreilly's or any of the other local stores have no clue what I was looking for. Hope this helps someone.....
Kevin

Also, If your tool poor like me and don't have a vice to press the bushing in. You can use a bolt that will fit thru the steering arm, put washers on either end and tighten it up. It will seat it just right...

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing!

-Alan

Thanks for sharing!

-Alan

X2.

I wish I had known about this bushing when I did my mintruck swap. I had a machinist friend cut the ends off the original steering arms, mill them down to ~3/4" and cut threads into the outside. Them he milled out the minitruck arms and tapped them (not all the way through). Once the inserts were installed, he peened them. I'm not worried about them going anywhere... :D

That is a great trick for seating bushings, I'll have to remember that one for the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom