FYI - 1967 LandCruiser Wagon w/o windows for sale in N. Idaho (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Dunno if anyone's interested in an unusual FJ Wagon I saw today for sale in a small Idaho town. The title says it's a 1967, but it's not an FJ55. Looks like an FJ40 wagon, but it's a 2 door with no windows and I think it's a tailgate with upper hatch - not barn doors. No seats behind the fronts, it has a 2FE, and the odometer says 44k, but it only has 5 digits. It was originally red/white but is now a light tan. Looks stock and largely unmolested and the frame looked solid though I can see some rust repair was done and not very well at the lower body on the quarters. It's at a small used car lot and they want $6999. It's no show piece but because it's kinda unusual I thought I'd drift over here from the 80 forum and let you guys know. The rear badge says "Toyopet".

Anyhow, if anybody wants a phone number to the dealer, email me at dmiller@fliptag.com

DougM

Doug,

Now it makes sense......sounds like a FJ45LV wagon. The Toyopet rear badge is really the door latch that Cruiser wagon shared with the Toyopet car station wagon. There were probably two screw holes in it that were used to secure the metal cover that hid the "Toyopet" name.

Did it look like the rear doors were patched over? Or did it look like this:
FJ28.jpg

IdahoDoug said:
Dunno if anyone's interested in an unusual FJ Wagon I saw today for sale in a small Idaho town. The title says it's a 1967, but it's not an FJ55. Looks like an FJ40 wagon, but it's a 2 door with no windows and I think it's a tailgate with upper hatch - not barn doors. No seats behind the fronts, it has a 2FE, and the odometer says 44k, but it only has 5 digits. It was originally red/white but is now a light tan. Looks stock and largely unmolested and the frame looked solid though I can see some rust repair was done and not very well at the lower body on the quarters. It's at a small used car lot and they want $6999. It's no show piece but because it's kinda unusual I thought I'd drift over here from the 80 forum and let you guys know. The rear badge says "Toyopet".

Anyhow, if anybody wants a phone number to the dealer, email me at dmiller@fliptag.com

DougM

This is not an FJ45LV if it is only a 2 door. Maybe an FJ43LV or an FJ28LV.

Did you mean it looks like a delivery sedan truck with no windows behind the doors ?

Check with landpimp. He's a wealth of knowlege about the really old stuff.

dude.......we need pics!

guess its a 45LV that has had some "mods" done to it........because it just don't sound right.

but then maybe its a fj43 something odd

Sorry, haven't been back since posting this. You know how uppity we 80 owners are!

Its got wider ribs along the bottom than that picture, then smooth from the bottom third on up. Same body style, however - 2 door with elongated cargo area - but there are no side windows behind the doors as someone suggested. Delivery looking. FJ40 grille (right side up, even).

A couple guys emailed me asking for info, so I sent it to them.

Pimp - I owe you an inspect if you want it. You know my info.

DougM

Maybe its a 45 Wagon that has been modified? If you get back out maybe grab the frame number off of the front frame rail.

There was an odd looking 45 pickup here in Alamosa, CO for a long time. It looks so wierd I couldnt figure out what was wrong with it. After taking a close look it was a 45 wagon that was chopped to be a 45pickup. So the roofline was all off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom