Fuzz's build thread. Never thought I'd see the day! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The first few picks make it look like you live in my sisters neighborhood in Centinial, CO.

I do happen to live in Centennial, Tom. It's a small world. Mud makes it even smaller. :)

Last edited:
Looking good.

Fuzz I'm surprised you went with the 15% tint, presuming in your other life you probably don't like walking up on cars with dark tint.. :confused: is that the reason you regret not going 10%? or is it because you thought 10% would match the back windows better? I still haven't tinted my fronts, am still debating..

anyway truck's looking sweet, man! :cheers:

blurring plates is disconcerting to me. Swirling plate is more effective.

blurring plates is disconcerting to me. Swirling plate is more effective.

blurring and swirling are sooo last year. Now it's all about hello kittying your plate.

11c5xClGJAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

blurring and swirling are sooo last year. Now it's all about hello kittying your plate.

11c5xClGJAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I'm gonna do this next time.

Fuzz I'm surprised you went with the 15% tint, presuming in your other life you probably don't like walking up on cars with dark tint.. :confused: is that the reason you regret not going 10%? or is it because you thought 10% would match the back windows better? I still haven't tinted my fronts, am still debating..

anyway truck's looking sweet, man! :cheers:

I regret not going darker because from the outside, you can still see right through it if you are up close. It's actually kind of surprising. Also, it's not blocking as much heat as I had hoped it would...granted it's a black truck, it's going to be hot no matter what, but this thing is a freakin sauna. I need to get some of that new 80% ceramic tint on the windshield. It's supposedly CO compliant and reduces interior temps by as much as 30 degrees.

I don't like walking up on super dark tint no matter what, but I understand the benefits of doing it. My senses are heightened slightly with those cars, but I don't write people for it. Alot depends on the situation, too. There is a huge difference between a soccer mom in a 7 series and a carload of bangers in a 1972 ghetto sled. Gotta weigh each stop differently.

Last edited:
It's disconcerting.

The picture of your chicken legs sticking out from my passenger side door in post #2 is far more disconcerting than anything I could post on mud.

How much total lift have you added in the front and rear?

Well, now that a couple of days have passed the truck is settling some. Hub to fender measurements were right at 21", to within about 1/8". Now I'm sure it's less. I'll readjust next week and get an alignment once it's all settled down again. It's nice being able to adjust the stock tbars but they can be finicky when loaded up like this.

Last edited:
TheFuzz said:
The picture of your chicken legs sticking out from my passenger side door in post #2 is far more disconcerting than anything I could post on mud.

You already did.

I think I might need to buy some 10mm trim packs. I'm running the 30mm coil spacers, but the passenger side rear is sitting almost a full inch lower than the driver's side. Cruiser lean FTL.

I think it might be time for some OME springs from Slee, too.

I think I might need to buy some 10mm trim packs. I'm running the 30mm coil spacers, but the passenger side rear is sitting almost a full inch lower than the driver's side. Cruiser lean FTL.

I think it might be time for some OME springs from Slee, too.

sometimes you can fix that by adjusting TB...as every raise or lowering of front end (DS and PS) will have an effect on the opposite rear end of vehicle as the weight transfers. Try lowring DS slightly and see if rear raises.

You should have a little lower stance on front than rear anyhow......also do your leveling with at least 1/2-3/4 tank of fuel so you can have some consistency.

Thanks Brock. I'm right at 1/2 tank at the moment, and I don't drive it much so it's been pretty consistent. It looks like the front has settled so that there is about 1/2" of difference between DS and PS. I'll fiddle with it more on Monday and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom