Fusible link questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.whiteriverlawncare.com
165E54E5-8FDE-4E16-9B2E-AD8058A22E8E.jpeg
Is my 60 missing a fusible link? I bought one to have when mine goes, and looking at it, it appears to be not there.

Will the two connectors on either side of the link go together with the connector removed?

And will it run with the connector not there?

Can the link effect the carb and how fuel is delivered?

The stock fusible link connects to a pigtail on the battery. Your picture shows something next to the air cleaner housing which wasn't there when the car was new.

The FL is a big slow blow fuse for all the wires leading to the fuse block. If one of the three fuse wires blow, lots of things don't work. Not just the solenoid in the carb.
The fuel pump is mechanical. No electricity required for it to work.

The something next to the air cleaner is a main shut off power key. My question is the connector on the truck doesn’t seem to look like the one I’ve purchased. Will the truck operate if that is taken out all together?

Not taken out, but possibly have been removed before I had the 60.

The original battery + cable had a preformed/spliced pigtail that mated with the fusible link. If that's missing now (plugs don't match) you can jerry rig a terminal just so long as you keep the three fuse wires intact. The plugs Toyota used were just for convenience, and were inadequate for the task. After a number of years the spade connectors would corrode and the plug would heat up, burning the connector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom