Fusible Link Hacked - 97 80 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@jonheld continues to deliver!

Finally figured it out after studying the Radio EWD + harness page layout. I needed another Metra harness to run to my previous amp line. Bottom line, the LX450 radio install is totally different than the standard LC.

Thanks for all of the help! Especially the fusible links. Most importantly, I'm back up and running now.

@jonheld I have been similar issues and found this when I went to look at my fusible link. What should I do here

80B9223D-6768-478E-B0AC-CD46416AD20C.jpeg

2374A7D7-8760-43FF-A5D1-1819175FBA62.jpeg

@jonheld I have been similar issues and found this when I went to look at my fusible link. What should I do here

View attachment 2925557

View attachment 2925556
I took mine to a local shop and had the truck wired back to OEM spec. I needed the 3 below parts.

90982-08264
  • Connector housing is part# 90980-10982
  • Repair wire is part# 82998-12470
  • Fusible Link is part# 90982-08264
There seems to be a shortage of the the Fusible Link right now

I took mine to a local shop and had the truck wired back to OEM spec. I needed the 3 below parts.

90982-08264
Thank you so much Hogan. Parts have been ordered. So much fun rebuilding this truck part by part

Last edited:
Thank you so much Hogan. Parts have been ordered. So much rebuilding this truck part by part
That's the good stuff I used the repair wire as well and did a quality splice NASA style.

The repair wire is also nice because it's longer.

My repair for this job is back on post number 28 you can see photos of the connector and splice.

90982-08264
I just read through this entire thread more thoroughly and I wanted to thank @hogan646 and @BillyGoatMTB for their help. You guys could’ve been jerks and told me to find it (rightfully so, as it was literally in the same thread). Thank you guys for being cool and patient. 🍻

I just read through this entire thread more thoroughly and I wanted to thank @hogan646 and @BillyGoatMTB for their help. You guys could’ve been jerks and told me to find it (rightfully so, as it was literally in the same thread). Thank you guys for being cool and patient. 🍻
Anytime good luck with the repair.

Hahaha, we're All in This together! :flipoff2:

You get what you give right I know throughout the last few years there have been some other very kind people here on mud that help me along in my 80 series journey.

Glad to hear you got it fixed :hillbilly:

I do have a brand new fusible link I carry as a spare but I've been wondering about sort of a fusible link and other usable part preventive maintenance cycle. I'll have to do a little searching here on mud as well as thumb through the FSM.

I asked myself if I started having issues would I instantly start thinking about the feasible link chances are probably not.........

Final thought I wonder if someone here on mud has a thread or it lists common fusible link symptoms that would be good for all of us to store in our minds so as soon as some of those symptoms pop up we know instantly where to look.

Cheers 🍻

Hahaha, we're All in This together! :flipoff2:

You get what you give right I know throughout the last few years there have been some other very kind people here on mud that help me along in my 80 series journey.

Glad to hear you got it fixed :hillbilly:

I do have a brand new fusible link I carry as a spare but I've been wondering about sort of a fusible link and other usable part preventive maintenance cycle. I'll have to do a little searching here on mud as well as thumb through the FSM.

I asked myself if I started having issues would I instantly start thinking about the feasible link chances are probably not.........

Final thought I wonder if someone here on mud has a thread or it lists common fusible link symptoms that would be good for all of us to store in our minds so as soon as some of those symptoms pop up we know instantly where to look.

Cheers 🍻
Yes we are all in this together! I feel like the weak point is the s***ty junction box. I’ve been searching for a more sealed version of it

One last question:

Is the gray connector plug even necessary? Wouldn’t a good NASA splice do the trick even better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom