1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuse Panel replacement

Discussion in 'Diesel Tech / 24 volts' started by Kootscruiser, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Kootscruiser

Kootscruiser

Hey folks,
    I've been rooting around looking for a replacement fuse panel for my Bj42 and can't seem to track one down. Toyota parts can't find one, SOR doesn't list one and the nearest wrecker that actually has any bj's strangely can't seem to hold on to any of their parts.

Is there another source I'm overlooking, or another system that can be integrated to get my juice going again?

Thanks.

2. brownbear

brownbear Mod in Hibernation Moderator

What exactly are we talking about, a cover? or the whole deal that the fuses plug into?

You can get generic fuse boxes from Napa. then you have to solder all your wires into it. Big pain IMOP... what is wrong with your fuse box?

3. Kootscruiser

Kootscruiser

I need the whole fuse box.
    Some of the settings have rusted out on mine.

4. brownbear

brownbear Mod in Hibernation Moderator

5. jzmq

jzmq

I had the same problem with my HJ-60 (Iassume the fuse boxes are the same. I ended up buying new fuse terminals that fit in the spots- removed all the old ones and crimped the new terminals on the ends of the wires and put them back in. A definite pain in the ass- but I couldn't find anything around to use instead. One thing to note- I tried soldering the first terminal and couldn't get it to fit back in it's holder- so had to remove and do it again. That said-I'm going to be in the states next month and am planning on buying a new aftermarket fuse block and putting it in. As Brownbear said- it's much easier.