Fuse Box Metal Clips (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been on the hunt for a replacement clip for my 60 rebuild and have come up empty. Does anyone know where these can be found?

Pic of build so far...
FJ60-1.jpg

Someone has also had to have had issues with these clips before. These things are flimsy as all get out.

Someone has also had to have had issues with these clips before. These things are flimsy as all get out.

One of mine was super glued back onto the cover when I got the truck. The cover itself had been repaired multiple times after getting plowed by drivers' knees. All of it finally fell apart, and way down my current list of things to get is a replacement cover. I think that may be what you are in for as well.

I got a replacement cover and it didn’t come with those metal clips. Mine one had one metal clip, when I got it and when it broke off, it went flying, never to be seen again. It does not appear that these are obtainable as a new pet.

take a trip down to your hardware store. Look in the cabinet hardware section. Something like the catch for this device looks pretty similar assuming it's the right width and thickness. Or find a flat steel hose clamp that has about the right dimensions and bend it up. you might need to use heat to bend it, then to anneal it (is that the right word) at the end. Google search how to heat treat spring steel.

1632235150005.png

1632235352023.png

Thanks for the suggestions and the pic, 2mbb!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom