"Fury" THE BUILD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am new to the land cruiser world. i started with jeeps then i moved over to the early 4 runners, but with 3 kids and 3 dogs one of them a horse lol. the 4 runner just didn't have the room so i jumped in to a cruiser. the goal is to have a good family rig that can handle the Rubicon, Moab, and Sand Hollow along with some snow wheeling. my current goal is to baseline the 3FE and have fun. right know she sits at 256,000 miles i think it would be cool to get to the 400,000 mile club which will give me plenty of time to gather parts for an lQ9 swap. the current suspension set up is OME 2.5 heavy lift with bushings. it has some 35 inch A/T. ARB front bumper and roof rack, warn 10,000lb winch.

UPDATE:
- Moved the front axle forward 1 inch
- Yukon zip locker
- Spartan rear locker
- 529s
- Front Axle rebuild with all new bearings and seals Complete
- Rear Axle rebuild with all new bearings and seals complete
- Front break pads replaced
- Rebuilt and replaced all rear drum break parts
- Installed ARB duel air compressor
- Installed Viair air tank
- Ordered 3FE tune up kit
- Ordered New fan clutch
- Ordered New V belts
_ Ordered New idler pully
- Ordered New Rad hoses
- Ordered DeltaVS rear cargo barrier
- Ordered 4X4 labs rear bumper duel swing out with tire and 3 Jerry can rack.
- Ordered Trail Gear 68 inch sliders.
- Ordered 37x12.5 Pro Comp MT2 X5

Ordering this month
- Black Rhino 17x9 Arsenal X5
- Getting the hood re-spray and that ugly black is going to get Raptor lined.
- Baja Design LP9 X2

Here she is the day we got her.
IMG_3550.jpg
IMG_3552.jpg
IMG_3555.jpg
IMG_3558.jpg

Last edited:
Starting to baseline the motor. installed new spark plug wires, new spark plugs, rebuilt power steering pump, installed new thermostat, installed new water pump, installed new radiator shroud.
ATT00001 (004).jpg

Wow! Jumping right into it, I like it.

Moving the axle forward, lockers, longfields and gears right out of the gate, and then a bunch of major engine maintenance, I dig your approach.

I assume you gotta drop the hi lift jack to open the rear gate? Guessing you will relocate that.

Bet your excited for the new rubber to show up so you can bolt that on, I’ll be looking for pics of that in the thread, should be slick!

Wow! Jumping right into it, I like it.

Moving the axle forward, lockers, longfields and gears right out of the gate, and then a bunch of major engine maintenance, I dig your approach.

I assume you gotta drop the hi lift jack to open the rear gate? Guessing you will relocate that.

Bet your excited for the new rubber to show up so you can bolt that on, I’ll be looking for pics of that in the thread, should be slick!

yes i want to be able to take her out and not worry about breaking down. for the highlift PO mounted it there, it is going to be mounted on the front bumper to make room for my 4x4 labs rear bumper that is on the way, along with the new wheels and tires. i am also about to raptor line the horrible flat black.

moved the Axle forward 1 inch and mounted the air tank.
Welcome to MUD. Nice rig.

Did you make your own mounts to move the axle forward? Are you interested and making another set?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom