Funny 2007 LX470 trailer wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Rooting around under my LX just now, Hopkins adapter in-hand, I expected to find a 4-blade square plug, but found the pictured 7/8-blade square plug instead. I'm not the first owner, so it's possible this is not the original adapter, but at any rate I'm coming up empty on what to mate to this (objective is a simple flat 4 adapter). Anyone seen this before? Molded in is "10894".

IMG_1995.jpeg

that should be the original plug, make sure you keep the other end as well, you'll have to do some soldering to get what you want

this is the 7pin wiring for the female side so you know which is which
IMG_9940.jpg

"Other end", there's none, just the dangling plug (I didn't disconnect anything to make the photo). What's on the other end of that female plug @Surelok ? Maybe I need to order something a previous owner threw out... to my confusion, there was a 7-round to 4-flat adapter in the glovebox, unopened, but this car doesn't appear to have had a 7-round end.

oh, i thought you had the other end.
The other end of that plug is the standard 7 pin trailer connector

hopefully this helps, i tried to find some part numbers off the manual

also, there is this: landcruiser1998-2007.rar - https://www.dropbox.com/s/wbp8dovt9iupp4q/landcruiser1998-2007.rar
best i can find is in the EWD section, pdf page 38ish, known as page 88 and 89 on the print.

ive yet to find a complete plug and play trailer connecter

Much appreciated, I will try my luck at finding part 9098010895 and go from there. Or else lopping off the factory connector and soldering in a normal 7-pin round, maybe, if no dice--but there seems to be almost no spare wire to work with.

seems like someone should make that pigtail as there's a lot that don't have it.
female 10894 mate- to round oem, or 4 wire flat.

that dace voit thread is good info. that's really all you need.

could be made and sold for probably 60$
buying repair wires really hurts the cost.

I'll order a female and check my supply.

Last edited:
A premade pigtail would be a godsend. Gotta wonder how this part is missing from so many rigs... I read the DIY thread, great info, just a little more parts-ordering than I can juggle right now (I'm hoping to use a trailer as part of a move).

I ended up ordering part 82177-60010 for a breathtaking $290 from the local T dealer, as the 10894 female plug seems to be in short supply. And an hour of knocking rust into my eyes trying to solder or wrangle butt connectors for the Pollak adapter just doesn't sound worth it right now :confused:

10984 isn't available from toyota it seems, but it would be available if I searched.
The big 4.xx mm middle terminals are probably a dollar each, and I don't have. Neither the 2.3 on the side terminals for 12 gauge.

I think this jumper only comes with the tow package. It would make sense as the other end of it mounts directly on the bottom box metal with a round 7 pin. It probably comes with the metal plate and bolts to attach it.

in the wiring book it's the bx1 wiring harness connection. The book doesn't list the male and female of that junction.
I think I'd eliminate the go between connector and solder it up. Also any male/female waterproof that would handle 7 wires would be fine.

I get most of my info on the waterproof connectors that aren't amp here.
connectors-catalog.sys.yzk.co.jp/english/

I do like that it’s removable vs cut and solder, in case you ever remove the tow hitch and no longer have a place to put it. Or smacked it against the ground and broke it’s mount like I did.

that's the only reason I commented, I just put it back on 3 weeks ago. I thought I took a picture of it but I can't find it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom