Funky bracket, what's it for? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I took the body off of my LV frame this weekend. Broke ever bolt except for three. Had to pull the gas tank skid plate and tank. Those captive nuts on the front side of the skid plate were a real PITA.

There's this strap, bent around the cross member right in front of the tank. Anyone else have one of these? What's it for?

Last edited:
Mine doesn't have that!! It doesn't have the two parts that run front to back where the tank sits as well.
What year is your LV?

It looks as though it is attached to the swaybar?

I doubt Toyota would do that.

I'd say PO, look at the condition of the other metal, this looks like it never had any paint on it.

Yeah, this looks like it has the same amount of corosion on it as everything else. I'd say PO too but it's in a bitch of a place to put anything.

It's not attached to the sway bar, the bolt goes in between the sway bar and cross member.

It's a '66 FJ4523823

:doh:

This just hit me :doh: :doh:

Is the fastener metric? A dead giveaway for a mid '60's PO mod.......

D-

The fastener is 9/16 (.5625") or 14mm (.562498").

One guess is it might be a factory fixture that they left on maybe?

Yeah, 9/16 and 14mm are a push for wrench size. How about the threads?

I'll check the threads tonight. It looked course, but it was dark this morning.

Chef said:
Holy coil-shocks batman!

Aren't those cool? I'm leaving them.

Chef.. Don't you still have a set in the shop? I think I saw em last time out! Mmmmm COIL Shocks.. Kinda like "coilovers" but not...

I guess it's just MudMonster and I who had the ultra-rare, extra useless bracket option. Sounds like a good selling point for an ebay ad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom