Fun off road places to take the kids while social distancing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The kids are going crazy and I would like to get them out of the house to some place(s) they can run around or do any of the things kids manage to do in the outdoors to entertain themselves. My boy is 6 and my daughter is 8. We've been to the 2nd cove at butcher jones and they were happy with that, but i do not have any other ideas on where to take them. We live in Scottsdale so we generally head toward Payson up route 87. Also my Bulldog Canyon pass is expired at the moment.

Thanks in advanced.
Brian

I’m in the same boat @BDUFPV . Thanks for putting this out there. I’m also curious about some fun spots to take the kids. I was thinking of taking my 5 year old twins to Sheep’s Bridge via Carefree. There are some cool caves with turquoise along the way and it’s easy wheeling for the kiddos with some water to play. I figure it’s flowing pretty good right now so just got to keep an eye on them around the water.

Last edited:
The kids are going crazy and I would like to get them out of the house to some place(s) they can run around or do any of the things kids manage to do in the outdoors to entertain themselves. My boy is 6 and my daughter is 8. We've been to the 2nd cove at butcher jones and they were happy with that, but i do not have any other ideas on where to take them. We live in Scottsdale so we generally head toward Payson up route 87. Also my Bulldog Canyon pass is expired at the moment.

Thanks in advanced.
Brian

Here's a few ideas:
Four Peaks Rd
Sycamore Creek
Hewitt Canyon Road off of the 60 going towards Superior

Zona

Lately, i find that if you want to increase your chances of Cohiv, go to a trail head and hike. Also, Regularly known spots are still very packed with go carts snd such. Almost like a "normal" Saturday. However once out of staging area, much less as expected.

Need to think outta the box these days, or get way out, in the normal spots.

the Bulldog Canyon permit can now be had immediately, fully online

go to recreation.gov, search with "Bulldog Canyon" and buy the AZ offload vehicle permit for $1/month - it has the gate lock codes on it for Bulldog Canyon

Saturdays are kinda crowded in The Rolls, Four Peaks and Sycamore Wash areas, but we found that all other days are fine for distancing

We've been heading just up north on I17 to the New River... either the New River exit or Table Mesa Road exit. It's close and there's been a good amount of water for playing...

313newriver.jpg

There have been other people around on the weekend, but not so many that you can't keep your distance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom