Fun fact: If you have a 60" hi-lift and no second-row seats, you can bolt the hi-lift inside. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
10mm, 1.25 pitch for the bolts. I got 80mm bolts which were obviously a bit too long.

Obviously a rough draft (or crappy hack job) and the horn doesn't fit perfectly, but a little bit of wiggling and the holes line up and nothing crashes into the doors. Someone should make a product that wasn't purchased by idiots in a hardware store. Note: You have to set the little hook thing parallel to the horn.

Pics:
h4fZpLA.jpg

3fQdppg.jpg

ySB0Gdf.jpg

There may be some way to do this with the second row seats still in place. Also, before you ask, my interior was carried off by ants, God rest its smelly soul.

I like the idea of securing the jack. I end up with enough junk on my floor, that would be tough to get to when needed.

I don't have my 80 nearby to look, but wonder if you could make a couple brackets that utilize the 2nd row seat bracket bolts and retain the 2nd row seat and allow them to still fold down.

I don't have my 80 nearby to look, but wonder if you could make a couple brackets that utilize the 2nd row seat bracket bolts and retain the 2nd row seat and allow them to still fold down.

My thoughts exactly. I'm just not sure how it would look. Keeping the jack inside ensures that it works when I need it. If you could drop the jack slightly and turn it, maybe the seats would still fold forward.

This is a great idea, and would be even better if someone figures out a way to mount it with seats in and still be able to fold them.

FWIW, I keep my jack parts safe and clean in my recovery gear bag and the 60" jack bar on the rear bumper. For those of you with stock rear bumpers, this is a $20 trip to Ace Hardware for bolts/nuts/washers/pins and rubber bushings and the best part, no more obnoxious rattling jack noise!

20161009_114746.jpg

20161009_114752.jpg

With the hi-lift oriented front-rear, by the rear passenger wheel-well, I slide it under the second row then secure via straps to the seat bracket/seatbelt bracket. Works well but not as fancy as the others I see here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom