For Sale Fully Built 1996 Toyota Land Cruiser 80 Series with Factory Lockers (Birmingham, AL) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

***SOLD***

Fully Built 1996 Toyota Land Cruiser 80 Series with Factory Lockers

I'm reluctantly putting my 1996 80 Series Toyota Land Cruiser up for sale. It has been my daily driver for the past 6-years and our family loves it. Even though I swore I'd never sell it because I couldn't ever find another one like it. But now it's time for a new project so I'm testing the waters to see if I can find it a suitable new home. It's fully built the right way with the best parts money can buy.

Specs:
1996 Toyota Land Cruiser with Tri Factory Lockers (Front, Rear, and Center)
223K Miles with Clean Title and AL Tag
Interior and Exterior are in Excellent Condition - it has been babied and always garage kept
Not a spot of rust anywhere and the undercarriage is in flawless, clean condition
Thorough Preventative Maintenance completed throughout including Front Axle Rebuild, Distributor O-Ring, Valve Cover Gasket, Brake Proportioning Valve, New Belts, New Spark Plugs, etc. - Only OEM Toyota Parts Used

Upgrades:
- New 37x12.50 BFGoodrich KO2 on 17" Toyota 4Runner Sport Wheels including the Spare
- Slee 4" Full Lift Kit with 30mm Front Spacer with OME Nitrocharger Sport Shocks and Steering Dampener
- Slee Front Double Cardan Drive Shaft
- Slee Caster Plate Kit
- Slee Front and Rear Adjustable Panhard Rods and Rear Adjustable Upper Control Lines
- Slee Stainless Steel Brake Lines
- Slee ShortBus Front Bumper
- Warn 9.5XP-S with Spydura Synthetic Line and Slee Aluminum Hawse Fairleed
- Slee Rear Bumper with Dual Spindles for Tire Carrier and Ladder System and 2" Receiver
- Slee Slider Steps
- Slee Full Transfer Case Belly Plate
- MarlinCrawler Low Range Transfer Case Gears (professionally installed)
- Custom Exhaust with Flowmaster 50 Series Muffler and Above Frame Routing with '93 Heat Shield
- New Toyota OEM O2 Sensors throughout
- High Performance Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Ceramic Brake Pads
- New Toyota OEM window surrounds at all windows
- HID 6000K Headlights
- LED Frot Light Bar / LED Rear Lights both on Slee OEM Factory Light Switches (2)
- Slee Center Diff Lock (CDL) Switch with 7-Pin Mod (allows CDL in High Range)
- Slee Front Cup Holder, CB Radio in Ash Tray Location with External Antenna, '93 Style Front Grill, Etc

Other:
- A slight oil leak at the front and rear main seals appears if using 5w30 Oil that stops when using 10w30 Oil
- Has a slight dent at the top passenger rear c-pillar that is hardly noticeable
- Front seat bottom was replaced with new leather a year ago. Front passenger seat bottom leather has hairline cracks, but are in pretty good shape overall. Upper portions of seat leather are near perfect. Rear seats look almost new and the 3rd row seats are literally brand new in bags.
- The check-engine light sometimes comes on because 1 of the 2 catalytic converters was removed when the exhaust was redone. Pulling the EFI fuse turns it off for a while, but it comes back eventually.
- All but the last pictures were taken while I had different 37" Tires on it recently. It now has new 37" BFG KM2s on it including a 5th matching spare that are shown in the very bottom pic in the 4th Post below.

Asking: $24,995
1.JPG
2.JPG
17.JPG
3B.JPG
IMG_7287.JPG

Last edited:
V nice truck. Grill looks pre-'96, did you switch it out?

GLWS

Did you regear?

V nice truck. Grill looks pre-'96, did you switch it out?

GLWS
Thanks. Yes, I swapped it a few years back - the sombrero looks wimpy :). I think I swapped it with one from a '93 maybe?

Did you regear?
It has Marlin Crawler low range gears in the T-Case. I did not regear the axles - stock gears have always felt fine to me on '37s and allow me to keep higher MPG on the road. I live in Vestavia Hills - meaning it certainly isn't flat here - and it climbs the hills no problem every day. And if I want a little more RPM, I just press the ETC PWR button.

Damn Charles! Never saw this coming!
Folks, this Land Cruiser is top notch. Doesn’t get much better than this. And yes, super nice guy.
If I were in the market for another 80, I’d seriously consider this rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom