Fully Automatic Factory Service Manual (FSM) Downloading (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For you and for those interested, here is the directory structure that I used for my 1993 Land Cruiser. This may assist those in the future in creating a directory before you download any files:

:eek: wow spdy.

So how do you download this data?

So how do you download this data?

It has been a while, and I can't remember all of the details, but as I recall you simply select a category (do this in order of appearance - much easier) then select the various PDF files that are available within each. Download each file into it's respective directory.

I provided the directory structure so that you can create the same on your workstation; it may not be the same for all years, but should be close (1991-1994 are OBDI, so there may be a difference there).

Edit: I welcome any PM's from those who feel they could use a hand in this.

Last edited:
I agree... I can't believe there is not an easy way to download this.

I would like to obtain it legally, and I don't care what it costs, but I'm not going to sit at a computer for hours trying to piece everything together.

What a huge disappointment.

x2... I don't mind paying for it but I don't want to sit there for hours screwing around with a bunch of small files.:mad:

It's too bad when a company's got a customer willing to pay and drives them to try to find other ways to get their product.:hmm:

Europe Manuals

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, if so, then my apologies. I read through most of previous thread and and this one is just too long to read through completely. If someone is looking for the Manuals for Europe, this is the site: Toyota Service Information
The look of the site is idendical and therefore the back-end is probably the same. I've tried neither site put plan on trying to get the Manuals for my 1996 HDJ80 1HDFT.

Being a Mac user I am fairly competent using Terminal (the UNIX background) per instructions but I haven't been able to check it out. I am temporarely using Windws XP and am unable to get Wget to work and have to dig into that further to see if I can download the manuals from the European site when I get WGET to work.

Any news on a Firefox extensions?

TIA

FWIW

For anyone like me (noob), the FSM is really invaluable.
Just logged on to the TIS site, and downloaded the section for the Cylinder Head - so firsthand, I see why you guys swear by the FSM!
While there's no great way to download the whole thing, the individual sections are so easy to get to, I'd be tempted to do the $15 (yes, since '08 when this thread started, they've raised the price) any time I had an issue. Totally worth it.

Howdy, New 94 80 series owner. Looking for free service manual download. Anyone know where I might find one?

Thanks in advance,

Vic

Can anyone provide me with the 1992 california emissions tps adjustment? I paid for the 2 day thing but i think i missed a few pdfs. its kinda crappy they set it up that way. i think i saw one on ebay for 230 with free shipping... wow

Hi, Im about to pay the money for this FSM site and wonder if the auto download is still working? Has anyone tried with current site?

im pretty sure for the auto download to work you need the code packets on the first page, but when i clicked on them it tries to go the the site they were on then loops you back. i think were screwed for the auto download.

EDIT. on PG 25 use that directory and follow the instructions should get you pretty far. im going to try this pretty soon.

Last edited:
Absolutely Ken, I'll run all backlogged requests when I walk in the door on the 1st!

For anyone else with a specific request: if I don't reply to you and give you "yes" it's because I'm in my LX stuck in traffic in Atlanta (oh joy!) but I make the same promise that I'll do them in the order they are recieved and it shouldn't take more than 15 minutes when I get home.

Sorry to anyone that may have purchased a subscription that expires before I get them done, I guess thats a good old "foot in mouth" for me after the speedy turnaround time comment above ;)
Hi Nate,
Can you get the 2001 Sienna ?

Forum mangled my example.

"wget -mkEpnp user:password@host/path"

Shouldn't be too hard to mirror all the fsm tree in a short while

Forum mangled my example.

"wget -mkEpnp user:password@host/path"

Shouldn't be too hard to mirror all the fsm tree in a short while

I did it and it took me one day to have it done for Land Cruiser 80 and camry 2000, there are these obstacles:
* there are actually two main documents (pages)
* from these documents I was trying to get all pdfs from the html source (source of the web page). Unfortunately they are dynamically added on fly as you navigate. Anyway the pdf's are referenced in the html source so you can look them up.
* I had to use selenium to simulate web browser from python

Just some more technical information (using python):
If you want to download the file as pdf you should do following:
from selenium import webdriver
profile = webdriver.FirefoxProfile()
profile.set_preference('browser.download.folderList', 2)
profile.set_preference('browser.download.manager.showWhenStarting', False)
profile.set_preference('browser.helperApps.neverAsk.saveToDisk', 'application/pdf')
profile.set_preference('browser.download.dir', '/root/land_cruiser/repair_manual1')
profile.set_preference('pdfjs.disabled', True)
driver = webdriver.Firefox(profile)
driver.get('TIS')

This will spawn a firefox session where I put my credentials, I then had array with all pdf urls (which I took from the web page source - if you are doing that make sure you get the source of the left frame. I then just opened the urls with following command (sbit[1] is the url of the document):
driver.get('TIS' + sbit[1])

The profile as noted above was configured to automatically save the pdf files to configured directory.

Then I had like thousands of files and what I did is that I created pdf script in python which merges the pdfs, I used the internal pdf keys
* P internal pdf key - references the manual section name (like TR - transfer etc)
* St internal pdf key - references the last page (which is actually offset of the main big manual)

I then just merged the pdf's with the same P key and sorted based on the St (page number). I am not saying it's the most efficient way how to do that but at least I managed to get whole Land Cruiser manual in nice format .

Jorge

Can we still use this tool to download TIS docs now?
I want to download the highlander 2015 FSM and electronic diagram.
Do we have the ZIP now? want to have all the tools before pay TIS.

Thanks.
Frank

Hey all, is Nate still doing manuals?? Just joined and this seems like an awesome help. Keen to get one for a 2002 Lexus EX300.
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom