Full vehicle sun shades for 100 series? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Another vote for heat shield. Mine are going on 5 years and holding strong. I keep my third row panels installed year round. I lucked out and got black on one side and silver on another. Now they only offer gold and white , I think??
Their warranty is great if you have any issues and CS responds right away. Mine were like a inch too short and they sent a replacement set,.

What did you use as a backing and how are they mounted?
Whatever method you choose, I believe you want some airspace/gap between the glass and the reflective material for maximum insulation.

Whatever method you choose, I believe you want some airspace/gap between the glass and the reflective material for maximum insulation.
The more sealed the vehicle the more condensation forms. I usually drop my heat shield a few inches and crack the windows. When I keep them all fully sealed up the interior steams up pretty good.

Of course outside air temp is a factor but in all cold camping I keep sunroof open or windows cracked to avoid steaming / freezing conditions inside.

Have the solarscreens all around and love them. Good for both keeping the vehicle cool or warm and fit great. With them in my fridge barely runs, and even with it 112 for the week the inside is comfortable to be in - you aren't dripping in sweat like you typically would be.

Do y’all have info on where to find non black out window shades? Gotta hold off on full ceramic tint so the next best option would be a the mesh material suction cupped on.

My order of SolarScreens came in from down under. Packaging was well done and they seem to work pretty well. Have used them a few times since and am very please.

IMG_7979.jpeg

IMG_7988.jpeg

IMG_7987.jpeg

@awesomeissquid how long did you have to wait ? When I looked a month ago at ordering a set, lead plus ship time was estimated at 9-12 weeks.

@awesomeissquid how long did you have to wait ? When I looked a month ago at ordering a set, lead plus ship time was estimated at 9-12 weeks.
4 weeks to my door from ordering. Came really well packaged with extra suction cups.

I love the way those look and definitely seem mor heavy duty than my heat shields.

I like the heat shields because they are rigid and flat so I can sneak them into all the little voids in the truck when in storage mode
They are a lot more heavy duty than I was anticipating. They are somewhat rigid and with the suction cups they stay in place pretty well, even across the rear window with the defrost strips. The storage is definitely a bit tricky with these since they recommend the covers are rolled with the reflective side out. Still haven't figured out a permanent location so they just float around the trunk for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom