Full vehicle sun shades for 100 series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there,

I’m interested in purchasing a full set of interior sun shades for my brother’s 100 series. When we camp he now sleeps inside his truck, rather than in his RTT so this might make it more comfortable for him.

I see that some of the big names (Weathertech, Covercraft) make full vehicle shades for 200 series, but I haven’t found anything for the 100 series.

Any suggestions out there for a full blackout type shade on all windows, as opposed to a screen (like Snap Shades)?

Thanks!
Tighe

Covercraft makes a great windshield cover for the front. When I last looked I had some trouble finding ones for the other windows so my partner made some from Reflectix we got at the local hardware store. I think I had seen some company out of Australia that made some, but they were very pricey. Ill try to dig around my notes and see if I can find it for you.

Covercraft makes a great windshield cover for the front. When I last looked I had some trouble finding ones for the other windows so my partner made some from Reflectix we got at the local hardware store. I think I had seen some company out of Australia that made some, but they were very pricey. Ill try to dig around my notes and see if I can find it for you.

Thanks! Maybe I should just buy a set for my 200 series and see if they fit in his 100…

I made a set from the heat reflective bubble wrap that you can buy in rolls from Home Depot- not too fancy but effective-

There's this company too, they seem to have small discounts around holidays. Maybe they'll have a Memorial Day discount.

There's this company too, they seem to have small discounts around holidays. Maybe they'll have a Memorial Day discount.

Thanks! Looks like it’s about $200 for a full set (not including sunroof shade).

Not bad! I’ll investigate more tomorrow, thanks for the link.

I just ordered a set. 🤞

I have these from HeatShield (made in the USA) and they are awesome quality. I have been super happy at how they fit.

@dogdaysindurham, how secure are the second, third and rear window shades? Have you ever left the 2nd row on while driving? I ask because I have a kid who wants more shade while we drive across the country.

@QsLC75 the second row are pretty secure. I have driven with the windows cracked about a quarter of the way without issue. The door frame really helps hold them in place too.

The third row will fall off if you vent that window too much. I need to try hotglue to see if that helps. I have lost one before and had to double back to retrieve it from the roadway. Luckily a quiet road in a national park.

The rear cover needs a 2-3 more suction cups added especially at the bottom edges as the cover likes to roll on itself.

What has been your experience with the HeatShield covers @Tighe?
I gave them to my brother as a gift, so I’ve never actually used them. However I have helped him install and uninstall them a few times and they seem to be of good quality. He uses them to darken the interior, so he can sleep in the back when camping- I can confirm they make the inside very dark.

They work well but need a different method of attachment or better suction cups. I asked them for additional cups for the rear window and they sent some but still not great.

My wife made me a full set of curtains. They are not black out level, but they work really well.

uD1FSay.jpg

jR8jzCb.jpg

OjqOShL.jpg

s84Qoqd.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom