full time 4wd -spare in rotation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am used to rotating spare in 80 series according to FSM pattern. I now have a JDM set of wheels, with no spare. Trying to determine, is it a bad idea to drive on a spare that was not in rotation? I have a set of five originals, and thinking I should just buy tires for them if I can’t get a spare to match the JDM. Will using a new tire on the spare put strain on drive train? Thanks for your experience shared!

I am used to rotating spare in 80 series according to FSM pattern. I now have a JDM set of wheels, with no spare. Trying to determine, is it a bad idea to drive on a spare that was not in rotation? I have a set of five originals, and thinking I should just buy tires for them if I can’t get a spare to match the JDM. Will using a new tire on the spare put strain on drive train? Thanks for your experience shared!
I didn't realize there was an FSM specific approved tire rotation pattern. That is funny as balls.

Assuming all the tires are the same size and brand, that is probably not something to worry about. Unless there is a massive difference in tread depth I would be shocked if that really effected anything.

I didn't realize there was an FSM specific approved tire rotation pattern. That is funny as balls.

Assuming all the tires are the same size and brand, that is probably not something to worry about. Unless there is a massive difference in tread depth I would be shocked if that really effected anything.

30BAFDB7-3461-4ADC-8EF1-0C7F8C19539F.jpeg

is it a bad idea to drive on a spare that was not in rotation?
If there's any noticable difference in tread depth, yes. This is assuming the tires are all identical make and size. Just because two different brands of tires claim to be the same size doesn't mean that they actually are.

If you drive on a spare that wasn’t in rotation, there’s a high probability we will go to war against China. I’m trying to retire next year so please get a new spare soonest. I don’t want to get stuck with Stop Loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom